A Father's Gift: One

[Edited]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Lord of the rings nor The Hobbit and all of it's characters they all belong to J.R.R Tolkien. This fanfiction/story is just a product of my imagination.

------------------------------------------

The empty and silent halls was soon replaced by the sound of little footsteps heading towards the King's study. It stopped in front of the big wooden door and little hands are slowly lifted to knock but it stop midair because of hesitation.

'What if Ada doesn't want to see me again and he would send me away? But I just want to see and play with my Ada I missed him so much,' the little elfling debated with himself. After sometime of thinking the elfling finally decided to knock and open the door. The guards on the door just gave the little prince a sympathetic look for they always know what happens when the little prince entered his father's study.

He slowly made his way to his father's side keeping a safe distance not wanting to disturb his father further more. He stood stood there silently while shifting from one foot to the other. After a while the King sighed and stopped writing. He looked at his son with cold eyes that made the elfling flinch and slightly shake from fear.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to come here specially when I'm busy," the King coldly said to his son clearly annoyed by his son's presence.
"I-I-I j-just w-want to s-see you A-ada and t-to a-ask you t-to p-play with me," Legolas stuttered while bowing his head in embarrassment and to hide his glassy eyes.
"Legolas you fully know that I don't have time with silly things such as playing with you, I still have many things to do you can find others you could play with," the King said dismissively.
"But I don't want to I want to play with you Ada, I missed you Ada," Legolas whined with his eyes now wet with tears. But the King just ignored him and glared at his son.
"LEGOLAS!!! I SAID I'M BUSY RIGHT NOW GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!" The King boomed making his son back away and run out of the room.

All the Prince want is to be with his Ada, why can't his Ada have time for him. The Prince went to his room slamming the door shut he cried until the sun has set not minding his rumbling stomach.

'Does his Ada hate him so much that he would send him away? Why is he angry all he want to do is to have time with his father is that too much to ask?' questions such as this has been running down on his mind while he cried himself.

-------------------------------------------

"Why are you crying little elfling?" Suddenly a voice echoed through his room making Legolas look while sniffing.

There he saw an elf, standing tall with his blue-green eyes and silvery hair who is staring at him warmly with a soft smile on his lips.

"Because my Ada doesn't love me anymore, he hates me and he doesn't want to play with me anymore," Legolas answered between sniffs.
"Oh poor elfling," the elf sat at the elflings bed and ruffled his hair. "Do you want to play with me?" The stranger asked.

Suddenly Legolas' eyes focused at the elf in front of him with wide eyes.

"Really are you going to play with me?" Legolas asked enthusiastically with eye lightening up. The elf chuckled at the elfling's eagerness and the excitement he shows.
"Yes I will but not tonight because you need to sleep so that you can grow up," the elf smiled and gently pushed Legolas unto his bed and covered him with a blanket.
"When will I be able to play with you?" Legolas then again asked a question which is immediately followed by a yawn.
"I will play with you tomorrow, just come to the garden in the morning after breakfast and I'll be there," the elf said and Legolas nodded and finally falling in to sleep.

The first rays of sun has already reached the kingdom waking the little elfling from his dreamless sleep. Slowly getting up from his bed he remembered what the stranger said and excitedly hopped out of bed changing his clothes which he learned over the year when his Nana was still with them.

Bouncing up and down he went to the kitchen and asked if he can already have his breakfast.

"Well little prince, why are you so early today and you seem so happy?" the cook asked curiously for he doesn't usually see the prince with his bright smile on his face.
"I'm going to play with someone today and he told me to meet him at the garden," the prince happily said while stuffing food to his mouth. The cook chuckled at the prince's excited action.
"And who would this person be my Little prince?" The cook asked curious of who would be this person. The prince thought for a while then answered.
"Oh! It's a secret!!!!!" the prince answered after realizing that he didn't know the elf's name but for him it doesn't matter because the elf seems nice.

The cook slightly frowned at the prince's remark but seeing his prince this happy, he shrugged the idea of something wrong might happen and besides there are guards all over the palace to watch over the prince.

"I'm finish!!! Thank you for the food," the prince exclaimed and dashed out of the kitchen leaving the cook smiling.

The prince happily went outside giving the guards a smile while ignoring the look if worry and confusion on the guards' faces because all he was focused to is reaching the garden very soon and meeting his new playmate.

Reaching the garden, he immediately scanned the surroundings to look for the stranger and there he is by the old oak tree playing with a squirrel. He carefully made his way to the stranger leaving a safe distance between them.

The elf, noticing the princeling smiled at him and patted the space beside him signalling Legolas to sit by him which he gladly took.

"Uhm, can I ask what is your name Mr. Elf?" Legolas shyly asked while looking down at his tiny hands resting on his lap.
"Why yes little prince, my name is Faeron," the elf answered while stroking the prince's hair.
"I'm Legolas," the prince suddenly exclaimed while smiling at Faeron.
"Nice meeting you Legolas," the older elf also smiled.
"Are we friends now?" Legolas then again asked wanting to know if Faeron would be his friend.
"Yes of course Legolas, I'm your friend now," Faeron answered.

All day the both of them have played, Legolas' laughs and giggles were unstoppable for it was the first time that he felt happy again.

Thranduil, oblivious of his son's whereabouts continued to work on his study while glancing at the door once in a while wondering why his son has not yet come to ask him to play which is unusual. After glancing and glancing he finally sighed thankful that his son didn't disturb him for the day.

Finally the night has come and it is time for Legolas to return to the palace.

"Can I see you again tomorrow?" Legolas asked.
"Hmmm, let me see..." Faeron playfully said while tilting his head from side to side as if thinking.
"Please..." Legolas pleaded while looking at Faeron with glassy eyes, tears are now slowly making its way down his cheeks.

Seeing the prince's reaction, Faeron immediately hugged Legolas while moving his hand up and down at the elfling's back to soothe the little prince.

"Okay then let's play again tomorrow," Faeron whispered.
"Really?" Legolas looked up meeting the elf's eyes.
"Yes," Faeron answered. Legolas smiled while drying the tears in his cheeks. "Now you must go and eat then go to sleep so that you'll grow up," Faeron gently put down Legolas on the ground and gently nudged him forward to go.

Legolas happily waved goodbye to his new friend and went on his way to the palace. The day ended happily for the prince that until his sleep the smile on his face was never gone forgetting all the sad memories he had for the past months, weeks and days.

-----------------------------------------

And first Chapter is done!!! What do you think of the first chapter??
Who do you think Faeron is???

Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave your COMMENTS and to VOTE for all of this would be very much be accepted.

Till next time....

>>>><<<<