A Father's Gift: Two

This chapter is dedicated to superfangirl_alexia for being the first one to vote on this story thank you for voting and reading the first chapter I hope you will enjoy this chapter!! Have fun reading ☺

-----------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Lord of the rings nor The Hobbit and all of it's characters they all belong to J.R.R Tolkien. This fanfiction/story is just a product of my imagination.

-------------------------------------------
For the past few days Legolas' happiness grew, making everyone around him smile except for one person.

Thranduil sat on his throne while eyeing the guards specially the captain of the guards, Arphenion, who is now slightly uncomfortable with the King's scrutinizing gaze. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he started to speak.

"My King, we have confirmed that your son is indeed always outside of the palace these past few days," he started and stopped to wait if Thranduil will have something to say but sensing that the King will not speak he continued. "We have also learned that the Prince has been seeing someone outside the palace," he continued and was cut off by Thranduil.
"Who is this 'someone'?" the king's voice echoed through the throne hall.

"We do not know my king for the Prince would not tell us who this 'someone' is," Arphenion immediately answered.
"You very well know that I do not like strangers on my land specially inside the palace premises, then why is a stranger out there roaming freely???" the King inquired narrowing his eyes to the captain infront of him.
"We are not certain how did this happen my King but we will do everything to capture this intruder," the captain reassured Thranduil.
"Where is Legolas?" Thranduil suddenly asked.
"He is currently on his room my King," a servant answered.
"Bring him here," Thranduil commanded which the servant hurriedly complied. After a while, the servant came back with Legolas.

Upon entering the hall Legolas was excited and having a smile on his face but when he saw his father's cold expressionless face the smile on his face was instantaneously gone.

"Come here Legolas," Thranduil ordered his son like some servant. Legolas stepped forward until he was infront of his father.
"My King please do not be harsh on your son," Arphenion said for he know very well that the King is not in a good mood and when he is in that state there's no controlling what he might do but stubborn he is Thranduil just gave the captain a glare.
"I have heard that you are outside the palace most of the time," looking down at his son. Legolas just nodded. "Answer me when I'm talking to you Legolas," Thranduil reprimanded his son.
"Y-yes... F-father," Legolas stuttered not looking at his father.
"Who is the stranger that you are always with?" Thranduil then again asked.
"H-he's a friend," the little prince answered his voice quivering.
"I ask who is he, what is his name," Thranduil asked again anger and annoyance clear on his voice.
"Bu-but I-I can't i-it's our se-secret," Legolas managed to answer in between sobs.
"WHAT IS HIS NAME??" Thranduil boomed making Legolas flinch and whimper. Thranduil in rage strode towards his son.
"I-it's a se-secret, h-he said n-not to t-tell o-others," Legolas then again answered making his father more angry.

Thranduil enraged with his son's stubbornness, lifted his hand and slapped his son. Legolas fell to the floor with his cheeks tinted with a deep color of red and his lips bleeding. The guards including the servant was shocked at what the King has done. Arphenion rushed to his prince's side.

Legolas shocked at what his father had done was unable to move while tears are silently falling on his cheeks. Arphenion carried the prince and started to walk towards the door.

"Where are you taking him?" Thranduil inquired anger still visible on his eyes.
"I'm sorry your highness but clearly the child is already exhausted and besides what you did is not the right way to deal with a child specially that he is your son," Arphenion answered clearly making Thranduil more angry.
"You do not tell me what to do Arphenion specially not with my son," the King growled but Arphenion was not intimidated and continued to walk away.

The morning has come and the happy and lightening atmosphere that slowly returned to Mirkwood vanished overnight for there is no prince smiling, bouncing, and laughing around and was now replaced with a dark and heavy atmosphere.

"My prince you should eat, you have not eaten anything since last night," the servant persuaded Legolas which she was doing for the past thirty minutes but still the Prince is unresponsive.

The King summoned Arphenion to the throne hall and Arphenion complied even though he doesn't really want to face the King after the incident but as the Captain of the Guards he cannot refuse.

"You called for me your highness?" Arphenion asked after bowing.
"I want you to assign two guards at Legolas' room, I don't want him to set foot outside the palace as a punishment for his insolence," the King ordered. Arphenion was shocked at what the King's order for he know that this is going too far but before he could even voice out his disagreement the King again spoke. "This is not up for discussion," Thranduil said with finality and dismissed the captain.

Arphenion assigned two guards at Legolas' door giving them the instruction not to let the prince out until the King said so. He entered the room and saw the prince curled up in the bed crying again. He moved to comfort the prince.

"Can-can I go outside?" Legolas asked while wiping the his tears. Arphenion just sadly smiled at him.
"I'm sorry Legolas but you cannot go out today," Arphenion sadly answered.
"Why? I-I want to go to the garden," Legolas insisted looking directly at Arphenion's eyes.
"It is an order from your father and I don't want you disobeying because this is for your own good," Arphenion explained wanting the little elfling to understand.
"Why!!!??? I want to go out I want to see my friends, I want to play with the squirrels I want to talk to the trees... Please... They make me happy because it hurts... It hurts here," the prince cried and shouted while clutching his chest.

Arphenion hugged Legolas, he wanted to let the elfling go but he also know not to defy the king's order because if he do the king might send the prince to the dungeons.

"My chest hurts... It hurts..." the prince continued crying while Arphenion cradled him. "He doesn't love me does he? He hates me..." Legolas queitly said.
"No, your father loves you its just he have many things in his mind," Arphenion said not wanting Legolas to dwell on such negative thoughts for the result would be drastic.

Arphenion stayed on Legolas' room soothing the elflings pain knowing that only his father would heal the prince. Legolas continued to cry to his heart's content until he slowly felt the exhaustion making him slowly close his eyes. Arphenion noticing this, he carefully laid the prince on his bed and covered him with a blanket.

"Goodnight my prince, do not lose hope for the future awaits you," he whispered to the prince before leaving.

That night Legolas was again haunted with the nightmares he thought was long gone. He dreamt of his mother's death and the worst dream that he had is that his father's anger banishing him from the palace or that he would leave Legolas on the forest alone. He woke up crying again knowing that his father do not love him anymore that his father hates him then a thought suddenly struck him his father hates him because it is his fault that his nana died. If he just listened to his nana that day she would not died. It's all his fault and now his father doesn't love him anymore. This thought has played repeatedly at his mind until he fell asleep again.

-----------------------------------------

And second Chapter is done!!! What do you think of the first chapter??
What do you think of Thranduil's actions towards Legolas???

Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave your COMMENTS and to VOTE for all of this would be very much be accepted.

Till next time...