Admiring technology

Females have been the object of attention and had brought deception and chaos in the course of History: From Helen of Troy to Cleopatra and Marc Anthony. And this became the basis for Kyuhyun to continuously hate the other sex. As a devout Christian and a certified bookaholic, he had time for everything except for girls.

He was rather smart and has a knack for games on top of his amazing looks. A lot of girls would try and flirt with him but dismisses them in rather crude manners. He’s not the type to interact with them and he was glad and relieved to stay like that, to some extent, he was deemed gay.

But he was not that type of person; he just hated girls but doesn’t like guys romantically. How he ended up like that? Blame his mom for it, leaving him when he was born. For years he had endured all the lashes of freaking insults from classmates as being a bastard with no mom. It was a bitter experience and since then hated girls in general, despicable creatures sent to wreak havoc into this world.

And so he dedicated his life to books, and games. He would read from day to night or else he would play online games for countless of hours. But the irony of this cruel world: the object of his hate was now the cause of his eternal joy. What started out as some play of strokes and lines, turned out to be the face of the prettiest female in the land we call Earth.

His eyes widen at the sight of the perfect beauty: a beauty that can never exist but in a mere lifeless computer screen. Yet this gameKyu can never take defeat and thus he did what his heart dictated, make her come to life.. or at least make a replica of her in 3D.

Expensive, yes but it doesn’t really matter. A hologram is not an easy task and he devoted much of his time perfecting the princess. He worked day in and day out perfecting her features, her lines, her curves, her smile and most especially her eyes. She was the object of perfection, one that can only be described in fictional books and literature, one that can never exist.

And as the figure come to life as a hologram, Kyuhyun smiled and approached his work. Staring straight into her eyes, he smiled and muttered

“Minnie..”

She was indeed perfect yet as Kyuhyun tried to touch her, he felt nothing but thin air. His heart sank and a frown came to his face but Minnie continued to smile. He sat across the room admiring his work and he realized now that he has indeed fallen for the girl he created.

Days passed and he would treat the cybergirl as if it was real, calling her names and giving her countless of outfits: she looked so damn real and Kyuhyun had fallen deeply in love, to the point of insanity. Yet Minnie remained as the hologram that can only smile, maybe wave or wink if Kyuhyun tweaked the program a little, but she can never love him in return.

But maybe the heavens are in his favor. Back from a long day at school, Kyuhyun returned home and was greeted by his dad and a lady with a perfect smile.

“Kyuhyun, this is your mother Leeteuk.”

After hearing the word mom, Kyuhyun was enraged and quickly went to his room and locked it shut.

"Wait Kyuhyun, let me explain.. I..”

Leeteuk tried but all 20 years of pain cannot be easily removed from his heart. He cried as all the hurt came rushing to him, all those painful years he endured with his mom, living alone seeing his Kangin Appa hurt each day but tried his best to provide for his son.

Deep in his thoughts, he felt warm and soft hands wipe his tears and when he looked up, he saw Minnie smiling at him. He was surprised and shocked that he immediately stood up and walked away from her.

“you are not real.. who are you”

“I’m Minnie.. you made me..”

Minnie smiled even more as she approached Kyuhyun who was still in denial.