Remembering the past, explaining the present, Preparing for the future

“happy birthday”  They all greeted Leeteuk on her birthday. “you’re not mad at me Kyu?” Kyuhyun shook his head and smiled back at his mom.

“you gave me my heart’s desire, how can I hate you now.” Kyuhyun blushed and Leeteuk was so happy to see his son grow up to be a fine lad. Minnie giggled beside him.

“I remember the day I met you Teukie dear” Kangin softly held her hand and kissed it. “ah.. that day Kangin.. you were adorkable.” Kangin and Leeteuk kissed and this made Kyuhyun sick, at least he pretended to be. “eww.. how can you do that in front of us.. PDA much?” Kangin glared at his son.

“as if you kids don’t do those stuff, at least we’re married.” Kangin pointed to his wedding band and Leeteuk meekly smiled.

“wanna hear a story?” Leeteuk asked and all three nodded. “well if you give me time to wash the dishes and prepare dessert then I’ll be happy to tell you one.”

All agreed and She took all the plates but Kangin stopped her. “you’re a goddess and it’s your birthday, relax dear, I can handle this.” Kangin smiled and took the dishes and started washing them.

“well I guess I’ll go prepare dessert then.” Leeteuk then said. “well mom, let me do that for you..” Kyuhyun said but Kangin shouted so loud, one glass broke.

“NNNNNOOOO! Don’t ever let Kyuhyun cook something or else..” 

“Pa? I know how to cook Ramen!” Kyuhyun retaliated. “yah the instant ones yet you make the noodles too soggy!” Kangin rebuked. “fine I don’t know how to cook anything so maybe I’ll just marry Ryeowook so she can cook for me.” Minnie welled up behind him and Kangin gave him a smack on the head. “watch your mouth smarty pants, you’re hurting your girlfriend.” Kyuhyun turned to see Minnie crying and he was quick enough to calm her down and make her stop. “I’m sorry.. I wasn’t thinking.. Ryeowook is a friend and she is a great cook, It’s a rhetorical and sarcastic statement. I love you, only you.” Kyuhyun tried to make it better. “you mean that?” Sungmin asked and Kyuhyun nodded “of course.” Minnie quickly recovered and gave him a quick peck on the cheeks. “let me show you how to cook properly.. HanAhma owns dumpling restaurants.”

Minnie dragged the boyfriend in the kitchen and they started making Buchi. Leeteuk sat in the living room and waited for the rest to join her. Kangin finished his task and sat beside her.

“he’s so like you when we dated.” Leeteuk commented. "no.. he’s not!” Kangin said, head shaking vigorously.  “yes he is.. remember when you wanted to marry Tiffany because she can sing well.” Kangin thought for a while and he remembered that day. He smiled childishly at Leeteuk and gave her a quick peck on the cheeks. “but it’s just a rhetorical sarcastic statement, I love you.” Kangin said and this made Leeteuk chuckle. “see what I mean?!?!” Leeteuk blurted out.

Kangin then smiled and nodded like a five year old, and Leeteuk loved him for that. Kyuhyun proudly placed the platter of Buchi on the center table and sat on one of the couch, dragging Minnie to sit on his lap. Minnie did sat on his lap and blushed as she removed any stray hair of her face.

“c’mon taste it.. I didn’t add any poison to it..” Kyuhyun urges his parents to taste the food he just prepared. Kangin and Leeteuk looked at each other then to Kyuhyun and Minnie. They both decided to taste it.

“well, I’m immortal anyway..” Leeteuk then said but Kangin shook his head. “but I’m not..” He said, Leeteuk reassured her husband then both took a bite of the round sweet balls of glutinous rice covered with sesame seeds and filled with mung bean paste.

“see.. it’s delicious.” Kyuhyun was so proud of himself and Minnie softly giggled at how childish his boyfriend was. Leeteuk and Kangin laughed with her and Kyuhyun became temper mental.  

“what? Why don’t you believe in me?” Kyuhyun asked.

Leeteuk ‘s face changed and she became dead serious. She knew what her son is capable of: she is the goddess of Tactics and she had helped thousands win their battles and war. She has removed defeat in her vocabulary and only victory and glory: or else revenge. She knew her son could come up with a plan for revenge or anything to have his ways.

“kyuhyun, you may not be fully aware of your potential but I am forbidding you to use any of it.” Leeteuk instructed her son. 

“ma, what is this? Harry Potter? Restriction for underage wizards?” Kyuhyun whined but Leeteuk did not back down.

“You don’t fully understand what power you have inherited, until you reach that certain age when we can already entrust you with all the powers, I’m restricting you.” Leeeuk firmly said. 

“ma, I’m already 20..” Kyuhyun tried to argue.

“one more year dear.. so don’t use it..” Leeteuk said  “already used it..” Kyuhyun held Minnie’s hand tighter and Leeteuk’s face soften and smiled.

“well that I can tolerate.” Leeteuk smiled sweetly.

“so ma, how can Minnie come to life?” Kyuhyun curiously asked.

“I’m already alive even before you made that hologram Kyu!” Minnie answered him. Kyuhyun blushed and Leetek love this side of Kyuhyun, the inquisitive side, since it reflects her brilliance and wisdom.

“where do I start?” Leeteuk asked.

“the day you two met.. I need to know some history.. I feel left out you know.” Leeteuk smiled at the son and took a deep breath.

“well it’s just your ordinary day in Olympus when Zeus, our almighty god of thunder, decided to play around with the humans. He snuck out of the Olympus and got what he wished for and more..” Leeteuk started but Kyuhyun stopped her with a question. “but where’s the entrance to Olympus? The Empire State Building?” the demigod asked. Kyuhyun has his questions: all 20 years worth of questions. Leeteuk was not known for her patience and Kyuhyun knows too well: they are both one and the same.

“well there are many entrances to Olympus, at least one in every state in the entire world. In Korea, the entrance is in Seoul. Poseidon is the god of the seas therefore he prefers to wander around Mokpo.” Leeteuk relayed. “Donghae hyung’s hometown” Kyuhyun said as he nodded.  “so in Seoul, the entrance is in Changdeokgung” Leeteuk finished.

“ok.. so you decided to follow Zeus?” Kyuhyun inquired.

“nope.. I just wandered and I stumbled into this entrance and here I was in Korea. Heechul followed me by the way and so we both ended up being here and falling in love with your fathers.”  Leeteuk softly touched Kangin’s hand and in turn he kissed those precious hands and they both lovingly gaze into each others’ eyes. Minnie was so moved that she was crying silently, Kyuhyun wiped the tears and gingerly hugged her. If there was one thing that Kyuhyun got from his father, it is being a one-woman man; Kangin cares so much for his wife that he was willing to sacrifice everything for her, even raising up a stubborn son that is probably tenfold smarter than him.

“I wish Omma and Appa are like this.. sweet and romantic.” Minnie uttered, a hint of longing and disappointment evident with her voice. “They are.. more than sweet honey, they just show it in different ways.. Leeteuk reassured Minnie and a story that dates back 20 long years will now unfold.

a/n: next chapter will be a flashback featuring the love stories of Kangteuk and Hanchul^^. Thanks for those who had encouraged me to turn this into a series.. after the flashback, I’ll be introducing the other pairings.. ^^