Chapter Four

An hour passed and Chris still hadn't come back outside. I knew Mom was probably gonna have to stay overnight or something because of how bad she was beat up. But I really wanted Chris to come back out so I could ask him who Angela was. I felt the urge to text her back and cuss her out but I held it in.  

His phone started to ring, vibrating my foot. I picked it up and of course, it said Angela.  

"Hello?" I answered, masking my anger. 

"Um, who's this?" She said. 

"None of your business, now what do you want with Chris?" 

"I want to talk to him, that's what. Where is he?"  

"He's not here at the moment, but I can take a message."  

"Okay, who the hell is this?!"  

"I'm his girlfriend."  

"Girlfriend? How could he have a girlfriend when he was just with me last week?" I nearly dropped the phone. That must've been the night when he came home at 6 in the morning! Why would he even do such a thing?! Well, probably because I was on my period last week, but still! 

"He was with you last week?" I ask, trying not to cry.  

"Yeah, we met at a club and I brought him back to my place. He was totally wasted." I guess him being drunk made me feel a little better since he probably wouldn't have done that if he was sober.  

"I'll tell him you called." I stated.  

"But-" I hit end, hanging up on her.  

I couldn't believe him. It upset me that he couldn't even wait until I came off. He just had to go find some hoe to get in bed with him. How could he?! After all we've been through? He said he loved me but was that a lie? I know he loved me unconditionally as his daughter but what about as his girlfriend? Did he not love me enough to go one week out of each month without sex? Tears started to fall from my eyes.  

Finally, I saw him coming out the hospital to the car. I felt so angry at him! He got in the driver's seat and turned around to look at me.  

"Cali, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked.  

"Leave me alone." I muttered, looking out the window. 

"Was it something I did?" I stared at him with pure anger and threw his phone at him. He picked it up, probably seeing the text message now. I hadn't actually opened it, I just read it from the locked screen. He unlocked it and the screen of recent phone calls came up. I heard him sigh and curse under his breath.  

"Cali, let me explain-"  

"I don't even want to hear it." I snapped. "One week. Is one week too much for you?"  

"Cali-"  

"Shut up, I'm talking!" I yelled. "Could you not endure one week out of the month without sex? Are you that desperate? How could you do this to me?! I thought you loved me!"  

"I do love you! More than anything, Cali and you know that. I was stupid, I got drunk and I don't even remember much of that night. I just remember waking up in her bed and I ran out of there as soon as possible. It wasn't suppose to happen."  

"It wasn't suppose to happen, but it did, Chris! That's what matters!"  

"Cali, I'm sorry." I just sat back and stared out the window.  

"I want to go home." I stated blankly. He didn't say anything as he started up the car.  

The ride home was completely silent, except for Calissa's snores. I was surprised when she didn't wake up because of me and Chris's yelling. She must be a really hard sleeper.  

We pulled,up in front of the house and I shook Lissa to wake her up.  

"Lissa, wake up." I said. She groaned and turned over.  

"I don't wanna." She whined.  

"We're at home, you can lay down in a bed." She sat up then.  

"Okay." We got out the car and she followed me in the house. I led her to the guest bedroom right next to my room and she fell out on the bed, instantly falling back asleep. Was she tired or what? I closed the door and stopped when I saw Chris staring at me.  

"Can I talk to you?" He said softly.  

"What's there to talk about?" I replied, walking into his bedroom. He closed the door and sat down next to me on the bed.  

"Listen, I made a mistake." He started. "And I am deeply sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. But Cali, don't you ever say that I don't love you cause I do, with all my heart. You mean the world to me and don't you ever forget that. I'm sorry. I'm more sorry than I've ever been. And I hope you can forgive me." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his lips to my neck.  

"See, you think it's easy but it isn't. I'm hurt. What you did makes me think that I'm not good enough for you."  

"That's not true, I'm the one that's not good enough for you." He whispered. 

"But I have a feeling that you think I'm gonna keep running back to you cause you're my father. But I'm not. In any other relationship, the girl leaves when her boyfriend does something like this and-"  

"No, please, Cali, I'm sorry!" He suddenly looked really scared. His eyes filled with tears and I sat back, a little shocked.  

"What? What's wrong?"  

"Please don't leave me. Cali, I don't know what I'd do without you, please, I'm so sorry." He hugged me tightly. Woah, when he said he was scared of me leaving him, he really meant scared!  

"Chris, I'm not leaving you." I said, rubbing his back. "I was just saying, don't think that I'm gonna run back to you every time. One day, something is gonna happen and I'm gonna leave and I'm not going to come back. Do you understand?" He nodded, sniffling. I hated seeing him like this. Truth is, I tell him that but I don't think I'll ever be able to leave him. No matter what. Because I love him just that much.  

"How's your leg?" I suddenly ask. He sits back and wipes his eyes.  

"They just patched it up after they put some type of sterilizer on it so it wouldn't get infected." He said lowly. "And it burned like shit." I laughed at that.  

"Serves you right." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. His phone started to ring again and I picked it up. Of course, it said Angela again. I handed the phone to him.  

"I don't want to talk to her." He said angrily.  

"Then tell her to stop calling you." He sighed and hit answer, putting the phone to his ear. 

"Listen, I don't know why you keep calling me but it needs to stop." I could hear her yelling on the phone. "No, it was a mistake. I don't even remember! I was drunk off my ass, remember? Wait, what? He told you what?" His face suddenly turned to horror. I took the phone from him and put it on speaker.  

"Chris, I'm not lying!" Angela said. "I went to the doctor and he confirmed it. I'm pregnant!" I instantly froze.

*****************

Oh Shizz, Didn't See That Coming!!!!!