Chapter 18

Raftars pov :

       I feel the bed underneath me moving with the constant tossing  . Its bugging me to no extent. Its been three days since I have slept and this lady my oh so stupid wife wont back down. She can wear her usual night wear without hijab but no she has to be stubborn. The fact that she even argued to switch on the lights makes it annoying yet amusing. She is mature but childish as well the way i should have been at her age . But all I saw was blood blood and blood.

             Thinking about blood reminds me that I have a meeting tommorow afternoon and I need to be fresh to concentrate . This meating can turn into a deadly fight. Then i hear someone slow breathing . I turn around and see her sleeping. She looks beautiful . Very beautiful and innocent just like her . She was beautiful and innocent indeed as well as him but both din't  deserve such dreadful fate.I shouldn't have married Khushbu but i was captured by this stranger who  seems so much like her yet very different . Her breathing is like a music . A very soothing music . My eyes slowly shutter close.                                                                                              

              Beep.   Beep.     Beep.

The stupid annoying thing just wouldn't stop. I barely slept for two hours and this annoying thing starts beeping. Its supposedly an alarm clock which seems to belong to my dear wife.

                                           "ugh, women shut that fucking thing off! " I yell . I dint sleep for three days and when I finally try to sleep she has to disturb. I hear shuffling but that annoying thing doesn't just stop. My blood starts to boil. I open my eyes. There is this stiffness that wants me to shut my eyes close and also the light hitting my naked eye. Just gets annoying  second after second. I start in a sitting position . My weight resting on the elbow. I see  Khushbu struggling to turn that annoying thing off but fails. Her face hints fear . Her body shaking. I take the phone and hit it to the wall. I don't even care  to look at it and crash on my pillow . But that stupid thing doesn't stop beeping.   I take the gun that I hid under the pillow and fire at that piece of junk which seems like damaged . Finally it stops bugging.

" my baby phone" the idiot of my wife whines for that stupid piece of crap. I know she will start a new drama so I point a gun at her . She gasps. Her face masked with shock and fear. Tears smearing on her cheeks . I feel like wiping them off. Gliding my fingers on her smooth soft skin. But I know that if her touch her in that way she will slap me probably chop my balls off too. My tiredness taking its toll. I put the gun to my lips silencing her. Every single sound is so irritating.

"Shhh, one more sound and you die! Got it?" I say. She wont let me sleep if I wont give her a warning. She sobs but puts her hand on her mouth. This gets even more annoying. My blood starts to boil.

" got it? " I yell at her. She nods her head vigorously. I turn and crash on my pillow again. If it weren't her but some one else I would have shot them . But I just don't  cant even seem to tolerate her tears . Sleep takes its toll enveloping me in darkness.

                    I have this sudden urge to pee. I slowly open my eyes and turn to the bed stand to look at the time. The digital clock reads its ten thirty. I pull myself into a sitting position my back resting on the bed headboard . I feel much better now.  I run my hand through my hair and put my feet down . I stretch  and let out a yawn. The plush carpet beneath my feet feels so good. I go to bathroom and pee. I feel like I'm missing something. This is rare Raftar Ali doesn't forget things. I look at my reflection in the mirror. My beard is fine I don't need to trim it . I like to maintain stubble. Not shave it off completely like some cocky teen age boy or grow it like molvi saabs. I run my finger over my stubble. What is it that is bugging me? I open the cabinet for a brush . There are two brushes. One is mine the blue colour. Then there is another one green . It seems to be wet and- oh shit Khushbu! Its Khushbu's brush. Yesterday night's events flash in my mind. I must have scared the poor thing. But what i did yesterday was nothing compared to what I do daily. I sigh and brush my teeth. Then I strip and stand under the shower. Her face flashes in my eyes. Her lips her nose her eyes.... Her eyes. They seemed to scared filled with water. I scared her shitless. She was not used to this she never has been. Then it hit me hard. A low blow . I quickly turn off the shower. I grab the towel half drying myself and running to my closet to dress up. I don't even bother to look what im wearing. My hair is wet and dripping but that is not the issue.

Scared . That is what I feel now. Its been years since I had this feeling. Scared that I might loose hEr. When i woke up she was not there. Did she run away from me? Did I loose the only hope I had since her death. Why do I always have to fuck things up. I know that even if she ran away , finding her would be no big deal. I walk down the corridors searching for her. My bare feet padding on the cool marble. Till then I dint realise that I was bare foot. I enter the living room but I dont find anyone. Not even the maids. I hear someone's laughter from the kitchen. So I rush towards the kitchen. The moment I enter the kitchen everyone stops laughing except Khushbu who is wearing a yellow dress her back towards me. Everyone stares at her . One of the maid clears her throat and points her finger towards Khushbu but madam is otherwise too consumed in laughter. I sigh in relief. I wave my hand at the maids asking them to leave. I need to talk to my princess or should I say queen. She stops laughing when she observes that all of the maids walking out of the kitchen.

  " where are you all going? " she asks while taking a sip of juice from her glass. She still doesn't notice my presence. As if on que   She turns in her stool to look at me . The last maid moves out giving us privacy.

            Now what? What should I tell her. Should I tell her sorry?

    Raftar Ali and sorry never!

            I look at her but she stares at me with poker face. What am I supposed to do lady? Give me bloody hint! She sighs and puts her feet down. I frown at her legs . She dint wear a foot wear. Then she slowly walks up to me. Her eyes boring into mine. She keeps her spine straight to look intimidating. Now should i tell her sorry? But how to tell sorry? Like sorry . Naa. Or like im sorr----

       Splash!

      What the freaking hell?!

       I feel the orange juice dripping down my face. I clench and unclench my jaw . I pull my hand into a fist. I dint notice earlier that she was having the juice glass in her hand that she was sipping from earlier. I did know but i was other wise too occupied in my thoughts to care.

          I look at her face and not a single hint of fear. Was I falling and pitying for that stupid face. Did I just call her innocent not few seconds ago. Did I plan on saying a fu*king sorry?! Sorry my arse!

             * oh uh khushbu did you just dig a grave for yourself?! Uh-an your so very screwed up baby!

    Raftar was going to say sorry . A sorry! For the first time ever and what did you do? Ruiend all the fun! Duah! Any ways gud luck cupcake!!!

     So guys did ya' like it? If so please like and vote even if you dint like and comment hehe. By the way i wanted to ask if I should change the part where Raftar saw khushbu for the first time. I felt it to be too very lame. So wat say guy??