Chapter 3 - The Plan is Set in Motion

Hey guys! Thanks to everyone who commented and voted on the last chapter!

Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Also, remember to answer the QotD and leave a review - they make me smile : )

----
The Plan is Set in Motion

Tuesday, 7:32

"Hehe, I am so pumped for today!" Natsu shouted, jumping from one foot to the other with excitement. "Gray's not gonna know what hit him!"

"How does he have so much energy?" Lisanna whimpered, looking ready to pass out right then and there. "It's a Tuesday morning, and we didn't even leave his house until after three in the morning."

Lucy shrugged, looking only slightly more awake than her friend. "Beats me," she grumbled, and handed Lisanna her Starbucks coffee. The white-haired girl graciously accepted the coffee and took a sip, before sighing happily.

"Gray should be here soon," Erza commented, glancing down at the time on her phone. "Lyon arrived ten minutes ago."

"Hmm," Lisanna hummed, taking another sip of coffee. "Did you hear that he brought a bundle of roses for Juvia? It's too bad she's allergenic to them; Mira said they were absolutely beautiful. He had to throw them away."

Lucy pouted. "Aw, I love roses."

Natsu spun around and bent down to give Lucy a quick kiss on her forehead. "Don't worry Luce!" he exclaimed. "I'll buy you roses! I'll buy you a bunch of roses! Heck, I'll buy you your own rose store so that you never run out of roses!"

Lisanna narrowed her blue eyes and looked suspiciously at Lucy's Starbucks coffee. "Did you share this with him? Is that how he has so much energy?"

Lucy huffed. "Of course not! I told you, I only made that mistake once!"

"Maybe Ur won't let Gray leave the house to come to school," Erza said, thoughtfully tapping her chin. "Maybe she's keeping him under house arrest as part of his grounding..."

Natsu's eyes widened. "She can't do that!" he protested. "We need Gray at school so that we can start step one! Every journey begins with a single step! Operation Gruvia can't officially happen until we take the first step!"

"Perhaps Lyon slashed his tires so that he would be rendered immobile, and therefore, unable to compete for Juvia's affections..."

"Do you feel like they're too invested in this plan?" Lisanna asked Lucy, glancing from a panicking Natsu to a pacing Erza.

The busty blond smiled at Lisanna. "Yeah, a little bit. But remember, they've known Gray longer than anyone else. Even though they're too stubborn and tough to admit it, they're like siblings. They would do anything for each other."

Lisanna returned Lucy's smile. "Yeah, I guess so. You know I'm kinda glad Mira isn't here right now. She wants Gray and Juvia back together so badly, she would be panicking with them. Fortunately Laxus is keeping her busy."

"And Levy's helping Gajeel with an English assignment, right?" Lucy asked.

Lisanna nodded. "Yep. And Cana's probably still asleep, even though Natsu told everyone to be here earlier than usual." The white-haired girl paused to release a wide yawn. "She's the smart one."

"Lucy, Lisanna," Erza's unwavering voice interrupted the girls' conversation. "Stay here, Natsu and I will be back soon."

"Where are you two going?" Lucy asked curiously.