I'm Potter

Dedicated to @GloballyCanadian .
~~~~~~~~~
It was the start of a new year at Hogwarts and Draco Malfoy, the boy who lived, was getting ready for his first year at the school.
Draco was a small boy with a skinny frame.He had a thin face, blond hair and silvery-grey eyes.Draco wore round glasses held together with a lot of sellotape and had a small, thin scar on his forehead in the shape of a lightning bolt.
Draco lived with his Aunt Bellatrix, her husband, Tom Riddle and their son, Scorpius.
Scorpius, although he was Draco's cousin, got pleasure out of beating up Draco on most days.
That was until the other day, when Hagrid, the half giant, burst into the Riddles' house and took Draco away with him.
Now everything was changing for Draco and it was all for the better.
***
Draco had just arrived at Hogwarts and was now waiting outside the great hall, soon to be sorted into his house, when suddenly he heard a voice.
"So it's true. Draco Malfoy has come to Hogwarts."
Draco turned around to come face to face with a boy his age.The boy had brown, almost black hair and emerald green eyes.
Draco looked at the boy in awe but was slightly shocked to see that the taller boy was smirking at him in return.
The boy before him extended a hand and said "I'm Harry Potter. Would you like to be my friend?"
Draco resisted for a few seconds before deciding to shake hands with Harry.
"Sure" Draco replied with a smile.
*
After the first day when Harry and Draco shook hands, they were inseparable. At first people would make fun of Harry for being friends with a Gryffindor, especially Draco, but people soon got used to them.

Yes, Harry and Draco occasionally got the few stupid comments but other then that nobody cared that they were friends.
*
It was a Wednesday morning and Harry's first lesson was Potions. Potions was Harry's favorite lesson for two reasons. One being that the class was taught by Snape, The head of Slytherin(so they always got house points) and the second reason being that it was with the Gryffindors(meaning he could spend an hour with Draco).

Harry walked into the class and sat in his usual seat at the back of the classroom next to Draco. However Draco wasn't sat in his usual place next to Harry, instead he was sat with Pansy Parkinson, some smart girl from Gryffindor.

Harry huffed and sat down in his seat, instantly slumping. Why didn't Draco want to sit with him today? Didn't he want to be friends anymore? Harry was confused and also slightly jealous but tried to ignore his feelings.
*
It was now about half way through the lesson and Harry was finding it hard to concentrate as he couldn't stop thinking about Draco when out of nowhere an origami bird flew in front of his face and landed on the table in front of him. Harry looked up to see who had sent the bird and he locked eyes with Draco before blushing and looking down at the bird again. He opened up the bird to see a note from his friend which read, 'Meet me in the ROR, tonight, 8:30(don't get caught), Dray'. Harry smiled and stuffed the note in his pocket before continuing with his work. He couldn't wait for tonight.
*
Draco's POV

It was 8pm on a Wednesday and Draco was supposed to be meeting up with Harry in the ROR in half an hour. Draco was planning on admitting his feelings towards the other boy in hope he feels the same way. Saying Draco was nervous was an understatement. He was terrified. What if Harry doesn't feel the same way? What if it ruins their friendship?

Draco decided to head down to the ROR early as he had already finished his homework and had nothing better to do.

He took his wand from his bedside cabinet and snuck out of the dorm to make his way to the ROR, being extra quiet in hope not to get caught.

He reached the ROR within five minutes and soon enough he was sat on a sofa waiting for 8:30pm to arrive.
*
Harry's POV

Harry had been waiting to meet with Draco all day so when 8:15pm came around, he decided to head down to the ROR. He knew he would be early but he was curious to find out why Draco had wanted to meet him. He also wanted to know why he had been avoiding him all day.

He reached the room at 8:25pm and took a breath in before entering the room.

He saw Draco sat on a sofa in the corner of the room facing away from him so he decided to approach him. He strode across the room and placed a hand on his best friends shoulder.

'Are you okay Dray?' Harry questioned.

He felt Draco jump slightly underneath his shoulder and Harry felt slightly worried. Had he done something wrong?

He walked around the sofa and took a seat next to Draco. He didn't want to sit too close in case he had somehow upset him but he also wanted to know what was wrong with his best friend.

'Dray? Are you okay?' Harry asked again in a quieter tone.

Draco just blushed and looked down at his hands. Harry knew something was bothering him but he didn't know what.

'You realize you can tell me anything, right? I mean I won't hate you no matter what..'

Draco sighed before looking Harry in the eyes.  'You promise you won't hate me after I tell you?'

'I promise, Dray' Harry gave Draco a reassuring smile although he was starting to feel nervous. What was Draco talking about? What was he going to tell him?

Draco must've seen Harry starting to panic so he moved closer to Harry and placed his hand on his shoulder.

'It's nothing bad..I don't think?' Yeah, except the fact it might ruin their friendship Draco thought.

'What do you want to tell me?' Harry questioned him, his patience growing thin.

Draco sighed and looked down at his hands before whispering something barely audible.

'I think I like you..'

Harry's eyes widened in shock before looking down at Draco, noticing he was now blushing.

'W-What?' Harry asked, unsure if he had heard his best friend correctly.

'I said.. I like you..' Draco said, slightly louder but now close to tears.

'Is this why you've been avoiding me all day?' Harry was now starting to understand things.

'Yeah.. I'm so sorry Harry, please don't let this ruin our friendship. I don't think i'd be able to cope withou-'

Draco was cut off with Harry's lips being pressed against his own. Draco just sat in shock before melting into the kiss, all his thought of their friendship being ruined disappeared from his head. His mind now only filling with thoughts of Harry. Draco and Harry both felt the same feeling of sparks and butterflies in their stomachs.

This night was going so much better then he thought it would.

Soon enough they both pulled away to breathe, the corner of Draco's lips being tugged into a smile.

'Dray.. I've liked you ever since we first met. Do you think i'd just befriend any random Gryffindor? We're supposed to be enemies.. but you.. there's something special about you.'

Draco blushed before pressing his lips against Harry's and smiling into the kiss.

They pulled apart yet again before Draco plucked up the courage to ask Harry the question he had wanted to ask him since they first met.

'Harry, would you do me the pleasure in becoming my boyfriend?'

'Dray.. i'd pleasure you in many more ways than just becoming your boyfriend.' Harry smirked.

'Harry!' Draco laughed before nudging Harry in the side. 'So is that a yes?'

'Of course it is.' Harry replied before kissing his best friend and now boyfriend once more.

The End.