Chapter 1

Yeah, I know, give me grief for liking him, but I do. He's cute. Hot even, and I just REALLY like him. His name's Marcus. Typical again, I was friends with him when I was younger. He just hit puberty, and now I think he looks a hella ton like Zayn. AGH. Words can't describe what I feel like. He's stared at me, but I bet it was probably because I looked stupid. He looks at me. LOOKS AT ME. That must be getting somewhere, shouldn't it? I see him EVERYWHERE. When I say everywhere, I mean literally EVERYWHERE. From the pool, to the skating arena, I can't get away from him. I want him to notice me so badly, but he doesn't. So yeah, maybe we go to different schools, partially because I'm gifted, and partially because he's in high school, but so what? And guess what! Now I have to move, to be closer to my school.

I was recognized as gifted through the Ontario gifted testing 4 years ago, and had to move schools. I moved to a school half an hour away from my house, and now I want to get into an AP course in a high school nearby. See, I'm going to high school this year, and he's already in high school, grade 9. One year difference. My mom and dad are a years difference. I have a friend dating a 9th grader. The high school I want to get into is far away, and so I have to move so I can be closer to it. I JUST WANT TO STAY WHERE I AM SO I CAN ADORE HIM FROM 2 HOUSES AWAY, AND PRACTICALLY STALK HIM, BUT I CAN'T. Thanks a lot, universe. That last part sounded creepy, but I REALLY want to just be his friend, so I could figure out a way to build from there, but I can't. Dammit. I can't tell my mom, because if I say; "Mom, can we stay in our current house so I can stalk the boy I like? And by the way, it's the one who's mother you hate." What do you think she'll say?? But believe me when I say, this isn't the most complicated part.