one

Today, I saw him. I don't know his name yet, but I intend to find out. He was standing alone, in the middle of the library, a book in his left hand, the other against his plump lips as he concentrated on the words scripted across the small pages. I watched as he appeared to be merely invisible to the rest of the students around him, oblivious of his existence.

Shoulders collided with his own as people ran into him like he wasn't there, and acted as if they weren't effected by the contact themselves. He smiled, probably at something funny from the story he was focused on.

I was drowning in the intensity of his piercing emerald irises. The way his chestnut colored curls were brushed up and off his forehead, and how prominent his jawline is, had me swooning dramatically.

His hands caught my attention, the way he effortlessly held the book with only one of his oversized palms. I subconsciously walked closer to where he stood so I could clarify the ink I noticed on the hand occupied with the old looking tome.

Squinting, I made out a black cross etched between his thumb and index finger. Despite his intimidating appearance, I felt as if he gave off a rather innocent exterior that was hidden beneath his sweater and muscular frame.

He was gorgeous, but explaining the complexity of his alluring appearance wouldn't do him justice. You have to see him yourself, and identify every detail of him on your own.

I wanted nothing more to walk up to him and introduce myself but I questioned whether that would make me come off as too straight forward, or even desperate. My self control nearly slipped away as I felt myself begging for an excuse to go after him and ask him about his tattoo, or the book he was so indulged in.

"God he's so beautiful," I whisper for only me to hear. The longer I stare at him, the more I questioned whether he was truly human or not. How could I have never seen him before? He's undeniably the most perfect boy I had ever laid eyes on. I was mesmerized by how he appeared to be an angel, standing all by himself, misplaced, among strangers who weren't interested in him.

I could go on for hours arguing that he was the most perfect person in the world. I was even taken aback when I first got a good look at him, the way he appeared to be so vulnerable in the midst of all the clueless strangers walking past him without a second glance.

It's unreal, how in love I already was with simply his appearance. It drew me in, and I craved the satisfaction of unraveling everything about him. Despite my awareness that the unnamed boy had yet to become acquainted with my existence, I was comforted by the thought of seeing him again.

"Madeline," Quickly, I direct my attention to the book shelf in front of me before the voice gets closer and questions what I had been staring at. My friend was left forgotten as soon as I laid eyes on the curly haired boy.

"Madeline where have you been?" Lucy asks, sitting in a chair at the table next to the book shelf I pretended to be occupied with. 

"I was just looking for uh, a book." My somewhat of a lie seemed to satisfy Lucy, and thankfully she didn't question me further.

"Well you've been in here for a while, I think we should go now."

"Yeah sure, wait for me in the car." She nods and walks away shortly after. I let out a shaky breath before looking back to where the beautiful boy stood. It's not like I was ashamed of staring at him, I just didn't want Lucy, or any of my friends for that matter, to see him themselves. They might go after him, and I've only just seen him today.

Right when I was ready to go walk up to him, and introduce myself, the school bell rang, signaling it was time to go. Lucy had been waiting on me for a while so there was no time to strike a conversation with him now.

Reluctantly, I turned around after taking one last glance at the boy, and walked down the corridor. I pushed past the school doors, and into the parking lot.

When I reached Lucy, she was arguing with a man, her fists were balled by her sides and her expression was laced with frustration. I walked closer to her so I could listen in, but their words were hushed, so I couldn't decipher what they were saying.

As Lucy continued arguing with the man, I looked around to find something that might occupy my attention. Coincidentally, the familiar gorgeous boy I was watching only a few moments earlier appeared and was walking down the sidewalk. He moved off the school property and into the road.

The astonishing boy walked slowly, and cautiously glanced around every few seconds, almost as if he was afraid. I was tempted to follow him but I knew that I'd end up scaring him off.

Deciding against my foolish proposition, my eyes followed the boy's every move, until he disappeared behind an abundance of oddly built houses. The mild disappoint I felt lingered as I walked back to where Lucy was now standing, on the phone.

"Right, whatever, bye." She huffs after ending the call and clutches her phone in her hand.

"What happened?"

"I asked Charlie to take care of the car, and he parks in a fucking handicap spot. What a moron." I stare at her blankly, and after a few seconds I try suppressing my laughter at her annoyed expression.

"It's not funny Madeline, he got my car towed and I don't have any money to get it back. That means we're both walking to school for a while." Lucy sighs and removes the knitted hat from her head before running a hand through her thick hair.

"You're right, I'm sorry Lucy but we'll be fine." I smile reassuringly. She plans to meet me in first period the next morning and I agree, hugging her goodbye. When I turn to leave, the tempting thoughts of following in the boy's steps from earlier return and I have to refrain from intruding.

Remembering that I don't even know him yet, I start on the path that leads to my house. The daylight quickly transitions to dark, warning me to quicken my pace so I could make it home on time.

[ okay hi so i know this chapter isn't the best, and it's kind of just a filler, but it's purpose is to show you how madeline sees harry for the first time and what she thinks of him, it will definitely get better soon. ]

[ and im super excited for this story because i always read like dom harry fanfics and im just like let's be different! and yeah so vote and comment for faster updates, it makes me super happy, and i love you all. thank you guys x ]