~Chapter 11~

Silverpaw was sitting outside of the apprentices' den, cleaning herself. Today is going to be a so called Gathering as her Clanmates said it was called. She hoped that she would be going, if she did it would be her first Gathering since she joined the Clan. She was so lost in thought that she didn't even noticed that Dawnpaw was standing right in front of her. "Hello Silverpaw" the cream and white colored she said, Silverpaw looked up "Oh, hello Dawnpaw. I didn't see you there". She sat up, "How's training to be a medicine cat?" she asked. Dawnpaw just licked her paw, "It's been better, Shortleaf is just teaching me how to apply herbs to wounds and which herbs to use for headaches and fevers. I just wish something will happen." she paused for a moment then looked back at Silverpaw "Not that I don't want the prophecy to be true.... or anything like that". Silverpaw shaked her head, "I'm just excited about tonight, if i'm lucky I might be able to go to the Gathering! How many times have you been Dawnpaw?"

"All the times that there was one, I'm a medicine cat apprentice so I get to go all the time" Dawnpaw meowed. "Lucky," Silverpaw said "what is it like there?". Dawnpaw brightened up a bit, "Well, besides loving to go to Gatherings, it's really cool! You get to meet all of the Clans in the forest, like RippleClan, ShadeClan, and BreezeClan. You get to meet new cats too, I have meant the leaders to the other Clans as well too! The ShadeClan leader is Yellowstar, the RipplerClan leader is Rushingstar, and the BreezeClan leader is Darkstar. I have also meant the other medicine cats other the Clans, like Smallfoot, Quietspot, and Leopardpool." she said. "What do they look like? Are their any rumors about them?" Silverpaw said. Dawnpaw opened her mouth to answer but then there was a loud meow, "Guess you'll have to find out yourself" she said as she raced over to the Highrock. Silverpaw padded after her, she sat down next to Dawnpaw. "All cats who are named will come with me, Mudscar, and Shortleaf to the Gathering," Flarestar said, excited meows began to uproar "Lightfur, Brierclaw, Hawkclaw, Shallowcreek, Dawnpaw, Mosspaw, and Silverpaw"

Silverpaw ears perked up, she flicked her tail fast. My first time going to a Gathering! She thought, she looked at Dawnpaw, she didn't even flinch besides her tail. Then she looked at Mosspaw, who was glowing also with excitement. "Let's go" Flarestar meowed and leaped off the Highrock, Silverpaw looked at Owlpaw, who was looking at her paws. She padded over to her, "Don't worry, maybe you'll go next time!". Owlpaw sighed, "Ok.. I guess". A voice called out to Silverpaw, "Come Silverpaw! We have to go!" Hawkclaw said. Silverpaw turned to her mentor and nodded, turning back to Owlpaw to say bye and raced after the group of cats. She dashed towards the entrance, as she did she noticed out of the corner of her eye that Thornpelt was eyeing her, she looked straight at him with a scowl on her face the raced out of the camp.

She raced after the group of cats through the undergrowth, the moonlight glittered on the trees as they dashed through the forest. They stopped at the Fallen Log, Silverpaw leaned over to Shallowcreek. "What's going on?" she asked, "We need to cross the Fallen Log to get to other side of the river, then we continue going towards Fourtrees."

"But won't we be trespassing on ShadeClan's territory?" the apprentice asked, Shallowcreek turned to meet her eyes. "No." he said in a deep voice. "Come on you two! You don't want to miss the Gathering now would you?" Mudscar called from the other side of the river. Shallowcreek leaned padded towards the log and leaped onto it, he dug his claws into its bark and crept towards the other side, his eyes finally away from Silverpaw's. The silver she took a big gulp when she caught the glimpse of the rushing water of the river, she took a deep breath and slowly moved closer to the Fallen Log. She bunched her muscles and leaped onto the log, as soon as her paws touched the river soaked log the coldness raced through her like lightning.

Silverpaw clung to the log like she would to her very mother, her claws sinking deep into the bark as her eyes stared at the river below. "Come on Silverpaw! We don't have all night!" Shallowcreek yowled. Silverpaw looked over at the group of her clanmates, she quickly flashed her eyes back at the river than back at her Clan. Her tail rippled with fear along with the rest of her pelt, she slowly stood up and crept towards the end of the Fallen Log. She felt the small water droplet hit the side of her pelt and face as she eased her way to the end, her ears swiveled around her head like crazy.