Chapter 12

~*Sophie's POV*~

I woke up with a horrible headache and a pain in my chest.  I turn to see if Max was still in bed, and he wasn't.  He must be in the shower.  I try to sit up but the pain in my chest is so unbearable I lay back down and stay that way.  I hear the water for the shower turn off and I hear Max get out.  I try to get up again and this time I scream because it hurts so bad.  Max comes running out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist.  If I weren't in so much pain right now I would probably be even more thankful for this.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked with so much concern and worry.  I don't want him to know how much pain I'm in.

"Nothing, just thought I saw a spider, that's all." I said. I hope he bought it. His facial expression didn't change. "Honestly, I'm fine." I said.  He looked at me like he didn't believe me.

"Try and sit up." He said.  He looked and sounded serious.  He could see right through me.  So, I tried to sit up as best I could.  It hurt like hell, but I didn't make a sound and I tried to hide the pain in my face. I don't think it worked though, he still looked at me like I was some kind of zombie.

"Ok so lets try this again, what's wrong?" I don't know how its possible, but he sounded even more serious this time.  Who am I kidding, I cant hold all of this in for forever.  I am in so much pain, its not even worth it anymore.

I let out a breath of surrender.  "So, I have this pain in my chest, and when I try to sit up, it just gets even worse.  I don't know what it is, but it showed up last night before I went to sleep." I said.  He looked even more concerned now. I hate doing this to people, I hate making them feel like they have to care and like they have to make me feel better.

"I'm sorry Max." I said.  He looked at me with a puzzled look.

"Sorry for what?" He asked.

"For making you feel like this.  You don't have to worry about me or care like this.  I don't want to be unneeded stress in your life." I told him.  He looked like he was about to cry.

"What would ever make you think any of that? I know I don't have to worry about you, but I want to, I know I only met you like 3 weeks ago, but you already mean more to me than you could possibly imagine.  And don't ever feel like you are added stress, because you aren't and you never will be, you handle all of this really well and you deserve a little help every once in a while." He said with a very serious voice.  He is so sweet.  I cant help myself so I lean over and kiss him.  It takes him a minuet to realize what I'm doing, but then he kisses me back with a very passionate feeling.  "Wait, what about the pain?" He asked, concerned.

"I can handle it to kiss you." I said with a small smile.  He looked at me and his face lit up a little bit. Then all seriousness went back into his face.

"You still need to go to see the doctor though." He said.

"I know, let me get dresses and then we can go." I said.  I started to get up out of the bed and the pain came right back, even harder this time. I just held in the scream I so badly wanted to let out and got up.  I walked over to my closet and just stood there for a minuet.  I turned around and Max was just watching me. 

"What?" I said in a quiet voice.

"Nothing.  Just making sure you're okay." He said. 

"Yeah, I'm good.  Just trying to pick a shirt." I said.  I was so bad at lying.  He could tell I wasn't okay, and the worst part, so did I. 

"Okay, well I will leave you to get dressed, just holler if you need me." He said.  He got up to leave, but before he could make it to the door, I stopped him.  I reached up and planted a delicate kiss on his mouth.