Chapter 16.

When I got home, Ben was waiting in the kitchen. I stopped in the doorway and Sam walked upstairs, leaving Ben and I alone. As if it was planned, we both ran up to each other and met in a hug. Ben picked me up and spun me around. "I'm sorry sorry, please forgive me?"

"Of course," I said, kissing him. I couldn't let this get in the way. I knew it was going to happen. He had a history of cheating on girls-- he cheated on one of my best friends with their sister. I should have expected this. "I forgive you."

"So that's it?" James said, standing in the stairway.

Ben put me down and I took a step towards James. "I don't know what to say, I--"

"No, Alex. How is this fair? I was there for you when this prick fucked another girl in your bed, and you just led me on like that? I thought I actually had a chance with you. I guess I was wrong. Nice guys do finished last, huh?" He stormed up the stairs.

I wanted to go after him, but Ben took my hand. "Give him a minute to cool off."

"But I feel bad," I pouted.

Ben pulled me close, "You can't help that you're irresistible."

Ben and I sat on the couch and talked for hours. We talked everything out. He really regretted sleeping with that girl and them yelling at me, and I came clean about James and I kissing before the Reckless and Relentless tour. Everything was great, until James came back downstairs.

"I forgive you, James." Ben said.

He leaned up the counter and chuckled angrily, "You forgive me? Alright, shithead. For what?"

"For kissing my fiance right after I asked her to marry me."

"Oh, like when she kissed me right in front of you?" James smiled grimly, they both stepped toward each other. "Or when she told me she had feelings for me?"

"Don't push it, twat," Ben said, pointing a finger at him.

"What are you gonna do about it?" James said. "Screw my next girlfriend in Alex's bed?"

That was it. And fist fight broke out between the guys. I took a step back, not knowing what to do. They wrestled each other to then ground, but then broke out in laughter. They hugged each other, both saying things like, "You're a fucking cunt, but I forgive you."