*chapter 9*

I gathered my parents in the living room as they were prepared to hear the good news I promised . I just took a deep breath and in a cheerful spirit I said " I got a job " I said . "Woooooooooohoooo I knew it " interrupted my mother as I was just going to complete . "Congratulations honey you worth it " said dad hugging me . I felt stuck not being able to add a single word as my parents were overwhelmed . I figured out that I started the wrong start. Now its impossible to break their happiness just to tell them that I got a job as a babysitter there was no way i will tell them the truth. I felt ashamed because I don't deserve this appreciation I see in their eyes. "I have to go to bed I need to wake up early" I said. "Goodnight honey sweet dreams" . Said dad as mom blew a kiss. #at the berts house# " Good morning " I said cheerfully as the door opened. It was linda but she was worse than yesterday much much worse . She nearly fainted so she had to leave the door open and lay on the nearest couch. "Are you ok ?" I said in a worried tone . "No definitely not. I think that I am having insomnia or someting ." She said as Bert came downstairs. "Are you ok honey " he asked fixing his tie. " I think I just need some sleep and I will be ok " . She replied . " I could skip work today if you need me beside you " he said. " No I will be fine and riley will be here beside me " she assured looking to me with a smile ." Take good care of her and if anything happens just call me . " he whispered handing me his number in a tiny paper . I nodded assuring him I will . The moment he closed the door I heard the baby's scream upstairs . "Oh that's corbin go check on him " . Said linda with closed eyes almost dreaming. I went upstairs searching for the source of that noisy scream . Then I identified the room from it's baby blue painted door with corbin's name colorfully written on it. I was so anxious to finally meet him as I pushed the half shut door . A strange feeling overwhelmed me the room had the scent of a newborn with a tiny crib infront of the door and a rocking chair beside it . I opened the curtains to have a brighter look on the room . Then I realized I had to figure out how to calm the baby . As soon as I picked him up he stopped crying . " I think you like me " I said looking at him with a smile . I even didn't have to rock him he was just as calm as I imagined a baby could be. He looked so much like carl (aunt annies son) and holding him was the sweetest thing in the world . I kept on thinking how lucky he is that he is the only child in the family and that all of their attention is only for him . No on have to share him everyting. I bet he will grow up so independent and will know how to lead his own life . And then I paused for a second to remember how silly I am thinking this way he is just 1 month old . I held him closer to me as I actually realized that I loved him from the first sight .