20- Misery Loves Company.

Trill Paradox is back after that long struggle over the weekend! :D I'm so happy we got it back! There's going to be a huge turning point in this story coming soon, as well as a few twists, and well-awaited characters thrown in the mix. ;] *This chapter is kind of half-assed, because I didn't want to put it off for next week just because I posted a filler chapter.**

If any of you guys didn't get a chance to read any of the chapters between chapter 1-19 (because of Wattpad making them private), then go to trillparadoxstory.tumblr.com to get the links to any of the chapters. Also, you can see the character bios and learn what each character is there for, as well as one of their inner secrets. :]

[Photo: Dennis Haysbert as Mr. Ellington >>>]

_______________________________

- Jah.

The date I had with Jacob seemed to go smoothly so far. He had taken to me to this new Italian restaurant in the inner-city, which was beyond me. I wasn't expecting to go somewhere as flashy as the restaurant, but I couldn't complain; the food was amazing. Leaving the restaurant, I made a mental note to start going there instead of Johnny Rockets all the damn time.

Here we are now, sitting down on the grass of a nearby highway, watching over the city before us. The city was illuminated by streetlights and whatever lights were on in the public housing areas. The sight wasn't as interesting, but dazzling nonetheless.

Throughout the main part of the date, all I could do was smile and laugh. Jacob had me gasping for air with his jokes and his condescending sarcasm. It was weird because Jacob had many of my traits. If any of the people back home would have met Jacob, they would've thought that I brought back a sibling. Jacob was my carbon copy in terms of personality. That's probably what attracted me in the first place—probably why Chresanto didn't like Jacob.

No, my subconscience barked at me. He doesn't like Jacob because he doesn't want you with him.

I rolled my eyes. Why was Chresanto even on my mind in the first place while I'm on a date with someone else? That question made more questions emerge like an enigmatic explosion occurring in my brain. If Chresanto hated me so damn much, what was up with the mixed feelings? It was like he was plucking at a rose; one day, he liked me—the next day, he didn't. He made no sense, and if he was going to be a bitch about how he felt, then I wasn't going to go head deep into his games.

"Jah, what's up?" I heard Jacob say.

I snapped out of my thought process and looked at him. My alert look was cloaked by a nonchalant, chill smile. I shook my head. "Nothing. I'm just thinking."

"What're you thinking about?" Jacob inquired.

I shook my head yet again. "I rather not talk about it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

An uncouth silence brewed between us as we both kept our eyes on the skyline. Thoughts lingered in the silence—not only mine, but Jacob's. It was evident that he was trying to get into my head without words. Maybe I was being over-analytical of the situation, but something about the idea of that drew me a little more to him.

"Jah," He said. "I have a feeling that you're thinking about me."

"Cocky, much?" I scoffed, looking at him. He looked at me and chuckled, but he knew that I was lying. I sighed. "But yeah, I am."