Chapter One: Pain Hurts

Mae's POV

Making my way up to the attic, I could still here my father and mother yelling all the bad things about me. Tears formed as I stepped into my so called "bedroom" and shut the door. I curled on inside my bed and pulled the covers over my head. Tears streamed down my pale white cheeks, and my hands clenched tightly onto the purple sheets.

"Why is this my life?" I muttered, choking on my tears. I began to cry even harder when I heard them say my name and how I shouldn't have been born. As much as I wanted to just get up and leave forever, I couldn't. Life doesn't work that way. You can't escape your fears without facing them, but I could never face my parents.

I then heard footsteps stomp up the stairs and a gust of wind blew by my father swinging my door open. It slammed against the wall, causing a whole to form. He ripped the covers off of my already bruised and beaten body from his last lesson.

"You're nothing but a bitch!" He shouted, smacking me across the face. My right cheek stung as new tears formed. Kicking me to the ground, my head banged onto the ground, making a crunching sound. My ears began to ring as my vision slowly blurred a little. "Get your ass up, now!" He demanded, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists.

I slowly and clumsily made it to my feet, only to be forcefully slammed against the wall. He wrap one hand around my neck and choked me. My breathing started to slowly decrease as I clawed at his hand for him to let go. He let go and through me onto the ground. I gasped and panted for air while holding onto my throat.

"Clean yourself up," he shouted, before walking down to the living room. I cried and stumbled up to my feet and used the wall for support. I walked to the bathroom and glared at my reflection. Blood ran down the side of my face, I had a black eye, bruised arms and legs, my stomach had a gash on the side that bled through my red tank top.

'Will this ever end...'

I stepped into the shower and turned the water up to get warmer. I closed my eyes and scrubbed my hair clean, trying to forget about them. I soon shot back into reality once my hand had touched the lump on my head. I squeaked in pain. I washed the shampoo and conditioner out and stood there, soaking in the warmth. I didn't want to get out.

I sighed and turned off the water. Stepping out and drying myself off, I saw my birthmark on my wrist. I weekly smiles at the heart-shaped birthmark. It was the only thing that kept me going, because hearts mean love and maybe one day, just one day I'll be loved.

I shook my head and got dressed and brushed my very short orange hair. I looked at my once ocean blue eyes only to find them now dull. My eyes were read and puffy from all the crying and I covered my black eye with my hair. It was the perfect length to cover it. I quietly walked back into my room and curled back into my bed and closed my eyes.

'Maybe tomorrow will be good...' I thought to myself and slowly drifted off to sleep.

-Time Skip-

My head shot up as I had felt something heavy pound onto me. "Get up! They're going to be here!"

"W-who?" I asked. Mother growled and glared at me.

"Your new parents! Now get up and get ready!" She yelled, walked out. My heart had stopped.

"New parents...?"

I shook my head and got dressed. Walking down the stairs, I saw a well-dressed lady talking to my mother and father. She looked up at me and sweetly smiled.

"You must be Mae!" She giggled as I slowly approached her. I covered my eye with my hair and glares at the ground. "My name is Mrs, Stevens and I'll be taking you to your new parent!" She smiles and patted my back. "I'll get your suitcase, and you go ahead and get in the car!" She cheered. I nodded and walked towards the car.

Mrs. Stevens' POV

The poor girl must feel terrible. I made sure Mae was gone before I death glares the two abusive parents. "Touch her again and I'll be more than happy to fill out an investigation and take you to court." I smiles and walked out, seeing Mae was already buckled and in the car.

I hopped in and turned the car on and started driving. "His name is Bonnie. He's a single parent."

"S-single? D-does he h-have any other k-kids?" She asked, fear in her voice.

"Nope," I said happily. "You'll be his first child!" I looked in the mirror, seeing tears streaming down her face. Poor child...

How was the first chappie!? Please comment and like! Bai nUn