Second Task

Draco's P.O.V

Okay so the second task was coming up and I could tell by the looks of Potter he had no idea of the task. I was eating breakfast when I looked at Potter; he looked god awful and very tired. I sighed and looked over to Cedric who was holding the egg and he looked like he knew how to work it. A thought popped in my mind and I smirked. I finished eating and got up from my table as did Cedric. I walked out of the great hall and waited for him to make an exit as well. Once he did, I followed suit.

"Diggory! " I yelled and he whipped around. A small look of confusion broke out on his face before breaking into a smile.

"Oh hey Malfoy, what's up?" He asked.

"I was wondering if you figured out the task yet." I told him and he nodded.

"Yeah I did."

"Well I think you should um tell Potter because you know he told you about the dragons and all." I told him sheepishly.

"Oh um yeah, that's only fair." He nodded. "So is Harry like your boyfriend?" He asked and snorted.

"Absolutely not!"

"Oh then your friend?"

"No." I shook my head and he looked at me curiously.

"Oh then why do you want to help him?" He asked.

"Um I mean the prat can't get by on his own."

"Oh I see!" He shouted. "You have a crush on him." He said.

"No! I do not." I defended and he patted my back.

"It's alright Malfoy; I mean who wouldn't have a crush on the boy who lived?" He asked chuckling and I felt my face heat up.

"I don't have a crush on Potter."
"Then why do you want to help him?" He asked and my eyes widened as my face flushed

more."Anyway, I should get going, I'll tell Harry later. But your secret is safe with me." He winked

"I don't have a crush on him!" I defended.

"Whatever you say Malfoy but hey, try asking him to the Yule Ball, I'm sure he'll like that." He said and walked away. I sneered and turned around. I started walking and then I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I mumbled and looked up. "Oh it only you Potter."

"Nice to see you too Malfoy." He sneered. "Not bothering some first year today?"

"Nah I saw you and figured it'd be just as fun." I smirked. "I bet you haven't even out figured the egg yet Potter."

"Shove it Malfoy."

"Aww poor Potter can't even get a simple task." I cooed maliciously.

"Oh what happened to you wanting to help me?" He teased and I glowered. I am helping you, you git.

"I've come to my senses Potter. Besides it's fun to watch you fail Potter."

"Oh I haven't failed yet have I Malfoy; I'm doing quite well better than you'd ever be able to do." He sneered and shoved him.

"Oh fuck off you prat." I huffed and walked off. As I made my way to the dungeons, I heard my name.

"Drakie poo." I groaned and stopped walking.