Part II: The Escape

DAY 3

As I look up from the chest, stone shards are flying everywhere. I hear Tuck scream in agony. "GARRET!" I hear Chad yelling for me. I try to get up, but I can't. I look at my arm, and there are stone shards all over it. I equip my sword, and run to Chad. I look though the glass and see a lava filled cave with about 200 zombies. "What th-" But I was cut off. I see Chad go flying back and hit the wall and blood pours from his knee. I get blasted back into the fence post and all of a sudden see everything in a haze. I see a figure fighting off the zombies, but when I look at Chad, He is still on the wall, covering his knee. I think then of Tuck but when I look over at his bed, he's swarmed by at least 12 zombies. This figure had armour and food. But how did he get into the mines? After I see him kill another zombie, I black out. .....

DAY 4

When I awoke today, I saw Tuck's rotting course lying next to the furnaces. Chad was limping to the bed to break, but he fell. I could see again, and I broke it for him. "Dude..." He says with a weak voice, "Look..." He shows me his side. A crawler had bitten him while I was unconcious "No.... No no no no!" I shout. "Get out of here before they get you... I'm done for."  I run out of the cave and up the stairs. Gravel is collapsing the cave second by second, TNT is exploding throughout, and gravel had blocked my escape. I pull out my shovel and start digging as fast as I can, but my shovel breaks on the last peice of gravel. I use my hand to dig now, and I'm digging much slower. I break the block, and she the sunsetting and all the animals. I dash to the village, but something's not tight here. All the lights are out, and buildings are burning. I go to my house to find Toby, sitting in a pool of blood. "My god.... What happened here!"  I shout. I hear a soft voice come from the house next door. I see a nearly dead old man who we called "Ralph".  "Ralph!" I say  " What happened here?" Ralph says as he dies "Run Garrett.... The infection has spread...."