Chapter 3

Note: All the text that's written like this -(.....)- means flashbacks of Mark and Jackson's past.Enjoy!

________________________________________________

  In another life

I would make you stay 

So I don't have to say

You were the one that got away

The one that got away  

Maybe it's the sudden enormous guilt he feels or the constant nagging in the back of his head by that annoying voice known as your consciousness that Jackson actually wakes up next morning at the crack of dawn and makes the decision to walk five blocks down to the self defense club.(Or maybe it's just the lack of alcohol in his system,fucking up his train of thought).

Either way,he feels like a corpse walking down the street with his cap turned backwards to hide his greasy hair and his black shades secured over his drowsy eyes. There are,surprisingly,a lot of people around him and a few cars passing by(his head calendar says it's Monday and that explains a lot of things since,unlike him,some people actually go to work willingly),and he drags one foot slowly after another and curses the crack in the concrete when he trips on it.

The club opens at seven and he's not startled to hear voices coming from the inside when it's already eight o'clock in the morning.Yes,It took him half an hour to drag his lifeless body through five blocks and now he's questioning himself why he even bothered with it in the first place.

He walks in through double doors and the voices get louder with each step he takes.The first thing his tired eyes catch Is the group of kids,teenagers,and he vaguely remembers some of them when he actually used to stick around back in the day.For a moment,he goes back in time,and sees himself learning new moves and trying to perfect the old ones but before the memory gets out of hand,he shakes his head abruptly and runs his hands down his face.

''Excuse me,do you need something?''

Jackson looks up and raises his eyebrow at the man,slightly taller than him and slightly older,with a matching snapback over his head and a frown on his lips.Jackson smirks faintly,taking a few steps forward,because clearly,this is the new employee that Jinyoung has mentioned and he doesn't know who the hell Jackson is.

''Just came to check if everything's in order.''He pulls his hands out of his pocket to adjust his jacket and feels a bit of satisfaction when the employees eyebrows knit in confusion.His gaze lingers a bit longer on the two moles under the man's eyebrow and he bits the inside of his cheek subtly.

''I'm not following...who are you again?''His voice is deep,Jackson notes,and full of confusion as he tells the kids to continue their ministration of the 'underside take down'.It's the wrong technique, Jackson also notices,but he doesn't say anything as he turns his full attention to the male standing before him with that same expression on his face.

''I could ask you the same thing.''Jackson plays dense and fights the urge to grin because the way that stranger's mouth open and closes and then forms a tight line is just too priceless.

''I asked you first.''His voice is stern and annoyed so Jackson finally settles with a small chuckle and pulls his hand out for a handshake.

''Wang Jackson,current owner of this shit hole.''

Stranger's face goes from annoyed,to shocked in a matter of seconds and Jackson is really trying to keep his facial expression in check.This is more fun than he imagined it to be.A warm hand touches his cold one and Jackson is startled by the unfamiliar tingling that he feels in his nerve endings but shakes it off without much thought.