Chapter 1.

Rain "pounded against the window.
"it was cold for a summer night." Thought Alex, as she flipped through tv stations trying to find something interesting to watch. Lightning struck. Alex slightly jumped then wrapped her blanket even more tightly around her, as she sank even more into the couch cushions. she continued to flip through channels.

~~~~~~~~~

Nicolas was sure this was the right house, he stumbled up to the front door step, grabbed the door knob and ran right into the house. He felt the rain drops flooding into the house.
"DAAAD!"
He yelled. While his eyes were still adjusting to the different lighting from iniquity of the moonlight to the bright lights within the house.

Alex stood up vigorously. worried, she walked to the door slowly to see what was going on. As she came closer to the front door she looked down the hall way near the front entrance and she saw a boy who looked as if he was in his early 20s looking around as if he had lost something. He turn around an when he saw Alex he asked
"Wheres my father?"
"Who are you?" Alex asked shakily
"Wheres my father!" The boy asked louder. He began to walk closer to Alex with a confused look on his face. Alex could smell the sent of alcohol and cigarettes polluting right off of him. She stepped back.
"w-what?"
Alex said looking worried.
The boy began to walk around the house looking around again.
"Dad!"
He yelled while walking in to multiple rooms of the house. Alex walked after him. Angry, she said
"Hey what are you do-" Although she was cut off by him yelling.
"WHERES MY DAD!" He yelled while frantically searching the house.
"DAD! I KNOW YOUR HERE!"
Alex ran towards the stairs about to get her parents, but before she could the boy grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the stairs.
"Their up there aren't they?" He asked while standing on the first step looking up and then down at Alex's trembling face. He jumped off the stairs and made a loud "THUD"
"DAAAAAD!" He once again yelled. Alex stood there not sure of what to do. Until she heard someone up stairs get up out of bed.
"DAAAAAD!" Nicolas screamed. He turned around and
"CRACK."