Epilogue

Sehun fidgeted, checking himself over in the mirror again. He admired Baekhyun's handy work once more. That man really was a god. Baekhyun should give everyone makeovers.

Sehun was dressed in a white button up shirt, paired with black skinny jeans and suspenders. A hat was placed on his head ever so perfectly that it really complimented his quiff. After a few moments of checking himself out, he decided he owed Baekhyun, a thought that terrified him, but he accepted nevertheless. Hopefully Baekhyun would be merciful when asking for his favor.

Sehun checked his phone to see if everything had been set up, hoping Jongdae and Yixing weren't fucking around. The blonde was relieved to find out that it was an okay decision to put his trust in the morons just this one time as they sent him a picture of their handy work. Another decision was made by Sehun that he owed those two as well.

Everything was going according to plan. Even the sky provided a beautiful full moon, that was surrounded by freckles of stars that shined brighter than previous nights. The weather was good, Sehun looked good, and the plan was running smoothly.

Sehun knew Jongin would be a bit confused as to why Chanyeol was forcing him to look nice, but his emotional turmoil would be worth it in the end. Very worth it.

Soon, it was time, and Sehun felt slightly like he was going to throw up. He had to ignore those feelings as he left for the forest, going to meet a confused, but bewildered, Jongin who would be standing amongst a beautiful candle lit picnic that Yixing and Jongdae set up.

When Sehun emerged from the trees to see Jongin by the river, his breath was taken away. Jongin was so beautiful, so absolutely stunning, that Sehun momentarily forgot how to function properly. 

His mouth wouldn't move, his heart forgot to beat, and his lungs refused to take in air as Jongin stared at him with his large chocolate eyes.

Sehun finally decided to break the silence. "Hello, love."

A large smile took over Jongin's face as he walked over to Sehun. He enveloped the blonde in a long hug before whispering into his shoulder, "I should've known you were behind this picnic."

They separated and looked at each other for a moment.

"Wow," Jongin whispered out. "You look amazing."

Sehun practically burst out laughing. "I look like a pile of garbage next to the flawless angel before me. How you manage to take my breath away every time I lay my eyes on you, I do not know."

Jongin practically melted at Sehun's words, blushing so hard he resembled a tomato.

"H-how about we eat." Jongin looked away, flustered.

Sehun could only giggle at his cuteness.

They sat down on the picnic blanket and began to eat, their faces illuminated by the moon and the candles around them. They talked and laughed until about midnight. Then, it was time.

"Jongin." Sehun forced out, beginning to shake with nerves once more. "I always have a reason to take you out on dates like this, but this particular time has a special reason."

Jongin looked up to Sehun with big eyes and nodded.

"This is the place where you realized love was real, where I showed you love was real. Because of that, this is the place I want to give you a promise ring."

A velvety box was removed from Sehun's right pocket, and opened to reveal a silver ring with the word promise engraved onto it.

"This is my promise to you that I'll never hurt you, and that I'll try to keep convincing you of love until the day we die. I promise you, Jongin."

It was now Jongin that was shaking as a tear slipped from his eye.

Sehun slipped the ring on Jongin, stroking the latter's hand with his thumb after the deed was done.

Jongin hadn't said a word until he suddenly looked up. "Sehun?"

"Yes, darling?"

"I love you."

Jongin connected their lips, and never wanted to part.

Their love was proven right there and then, Jongin finally free from his mental chains of fear.

He was no longer afraid of love, for love was Sehun.

A/N: Heyyyyyyy. So, that was probably an abrupt ending, but, whatever. Writers block was really getting to me and I didn't know how to keep it going or end it; plus, finals are next week and I really cant keep this going. I'm pretty satisfied, honestly. This wasn't meant to be a super long fanfic, but I still managed like 10 chapters, so that's an achievement. So, anyway, thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed~