another day

Day 1:

I walked through the long hallways of my house, paintings all over it, photos decorating the plain walls, photos that don't include me very much.

I sighed, feeling lost and numb, I walked down the stairs, hearing my dad screaming at the TV, already knowing he's watching football.

I coughed, hoping I could get his attention, which I did for a little while, but it wasn't the attention I wanted.

"Shut up Calum, I'm busy" he barked out, not really paying attention to his hurtful words, I sighed again, feeling tears in my eyes, I took deep breaths, not really wanting to cry again.

Once I was calmed down, I walked into the kitchen, with my head down, I saw the flip flops my mother was wearing, with red nail polish on her nails.

"H-hi" I muttered out to my mom, but like usual she didn't hear me over the loud clanking of her cooking.

I shook my head, deciding to go back to my room, I turned around quickly and bumped into Mali on accident. She didn't even say anything, she just walked right past me, and kissed my mothers cheek.

I ran upstairs, already feeling the tears running down my face, I looked into mirror, seeing how ghostly I look, I have a pale face for someone who is tan.

I jumped on my bed sobbing into my pillow, wanting answers to why am I so invisible to everyone.

Why no one sees me.