I'll Wait For You (Slurpie) [Minecraft Drabble #1]

PG {Angst}

A Slurpie fanfic.

The song: "Sleepless Night" - Shinee (It's K-Pop, by the way. Korean.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.  Mitch's eyes flutter open as another rock hits his window. Thunk. Mitch sighs and shuffles over to the window. He sees Jerome standing there, a grin on his face, leaning on a guitar. Mitch reluctantly opens the window.

"Hey, biggums." Mitch can tell from the slur in Jerome's voice that he's drunk.

"What are you doing, Jerome?" Mitch sighs.

"I'm gonna serenade ya, Mitch," Jerome slurs. "'Cause I love ya."

Oh God. It's been at least three years since Jerome and Mitch broke up. And ever since then, Jerome's tried a lot of crazy things to get him back. Whoring himself to anyone who'll take it. Doing drugs. But this, serenading, has got to take the cake.

"A sigh weighs me down carefully and won't let me sleep," Jerome sings, strumming the guitar painfully out-of-tune. "I tell my empty heart that it's a fool. 'Why can't I cry, even though I'm in pain?'"

Even though Jerome's not the best singer, his voice makes Mitch feel warm inside, like when they were together and Jerome would say, "I love you."

"The memories of loving me may be a bit difficult, but I break down as I see you letting them go one by one."

Memories. Memories of Jerome and Mitch playing Hunger Games together. Memories of Jerome and Mitch running around the backyard, playing tag as if they were little kids again.

But Mitch loves someone else. Preston. Preston, who doesn't give Mitch that uncomfortable feeling inside when he sees him.

"I can't leave. You are more precious than I am. Come back again tonight, yeah." Tears start running down Jerome's cheeks. "I can't. The days that were so beautiful. Even the times we hated each other. I miss them so much, I can't forget them. Come back again, yeah."Anger bubbles up in Mitch, wiping away the happy memories and regret. Jerome knows that I'm with Preston. Jerome knows that he was the one who walked away, not me. He's annoyed at Jerome - for waking Mitch up at 1:45 in the morning, for disrespecting him, for think that this might actually work.

"I hate myself for trying to erase you without regrets. I really hate my heart that's holding onto you again." Jerome sniffs, pausing to wipe away the tears. "When I think of you, my day filled with sighs is so long. When I sometimes see the river, the words 'I love you' won't float away."

"Jerome-" Mitch starts exasperatedly, but Jerome cuts him off.

"When I pass every light that illuminates the path, my vision gets blurry. It's not that my heart is beating, because my breaths that get rougher are bothering me." Jerome's voice cracks, pulling at Mitch's heart. Jerome sounds so broken. He sounds as if things couldn't get any worse for him, which, in a way, they can't. "I try to erase my memories of loving you, but I look pathetic when I find myself putting them back. I can't leave. You're more precious than I am. Come back again tonight, yeah, yeah."

Jerome looks absolutely pathetic, standing there drunkenly, tears running down his cheeks. It tugs at Mitch's heart, though, because it reminds him of the Jerome that used to be. The Jerome that laughed and smiled and was happy-go-lucky.

"I can't. The days that were so beautiful. Even the times we hated each other. I miss them so much, I can't forget them. Everything underneath the sky, the moon is sunk in. Nothing seems the way it used to be. Except me who lost you." Jerome sniffles pathetically, like a wounded puppy. He stares at Mitch desperately. "I keep you just because I want to, as you look at me who came speechlessly. You don't smile, you don't have anything to say But it just has to be you."

"I can't just leave. Oh, the only place I have to rest at the end of the day is you." Jerome's guitar slips from the guitar and he lets it tumble to the ground.

"Come back again tonight," he chokes out between sobs, sitting down against the nearest tree and drawing into a ball, sobbing silently into his hands.

Mitch's anger leaves him at the sight of Jerome, who looks so pathetic that it's hard not to have sympathy towards him. Sighing, Mitch thumps down the stairs and out the door.

Jerome looks like a mess, even more so up close. His eyes are bloodshot, and his face is puffy. Mitch sits down next to him wordlessly, because there's nothing to say. Jerome reaches out for him like an infant reaching for his mother, sobbing into Mitch's shoulder. Mitch doesn't hug back. He doesn't plan to remind Jerome that he has Preston now, Preston who makes him feel happy inside.

The quiet whimpers and sobs subside. Jerome's passed out, his head still resting against Mitch's shoulder. Mitch doesn't want to leave Jerome outside, alone, so he stands up and gently drags Jerome inside the house and inside Mitch's room. Mitch gently tucks Jerome into his bed and lets him believe for one more night that Mitch and Jerome still love each other.