Chapter 1

*Evelyn*

***PRESENT TIME***

"Wake up, it's breakfast time." Nancy shakes us all awake. I groan and roll over, hiding my face in my pillow. Normally, I would be up and ready with a weapon, prepared to take on anything coming my way. But today, for some reason I just felt lazy.

"Y'all need to get up." John snaps in his unmistakable Southern accent.

"I don't want to!" Niall complains from his sleeping bag. "You guys need to stop getting on ouer' cases about dis." Niall slurs. I roll my eyes and push myself up. I yawn and rub the sleep from my eyes.

"It's a new day!" Angela sings as she jumps out of her sleeping bag and skips over to the big box full of food. Nancy shakes her head.

"No need dear, I've made breakfast." She points to a few plates. One plate has a stack of grapes, another is a bowl of strawberries, another bowl is full of packs of nuts, and another plate has granola bars on it. There's also water bottles that sit in the cooler to stay cold.

"Why are you in a good mood?" I mumble as I grab a tray and grab a granola bar and some strawberries. I pull out a water bottle out of the cooler.

"Why are you in a bad mood?" She teases.

"Um...maybe because there's officially only 152 humans left on Earth and the stupid British population is taking over the entire world? Something like that." Angela rolls her eyes. I hope I ruined her good mood.

"You just haven't adjusted yet." Nancy says, grabbing some grapes and nuts.

"I've been doing this since I was born! Of course I would know and adjust."

"I'm 46, and you're 17. Who's adjusted more?" I cross my arms and huff. A smile tugs at her lips. "I thought so."

"I'm up!" Niall suddenly cries. He jumps up with a metal bat in hand. He starts swinging it around like a ninja. "TAKE DAT YOU BRITISH BRATS!" I sigh. It's sad that we have to wake up so alarmed. I should be able to wake up with a smiling mother and father leaning over me, the smell of pancakes in the air. I want to wake up to sunshine, not poring rain. I want to be free, not in hiding.

"Niall, there's no bums around here." Nancy says, tying her salt and pepper coloured hair in a bun. That's what Nancy calls the Brits. Bums. I simply have a few names for them that I won't include for your sake.

Julie walks in and claps her hands. We all pause what we're doing to pay attention to her. Julie and Nancy are kind of the leaders of our group. Yes, our group has 152 people. May seem like a lot to you, but it really isn't when you think about the fact that that's how many humans are left. At least that we know of. Who knows if the rest of the humans that were taken away are still alive.

"Today we're gonna stay clear. We need people at every window and door. Keep your weapons close to you. No one should be alone. Have two to three people with you at ALL times. We're gonna need a few people to go out and get supplies."

"Me!" Angela raises her hand up in the air nice and high. Julie nods.

"Alright. Who else?" No one says anything. No one wants to go. "How about Niall and Evelyn." I frown.

"Why do I have to go?" Niall complains. I sigh when I see Nancy and Julie's stressed out faces.

"Niall, let's just go. We need supplies and no one else is gonna do it." I mutter.

"Fine." He grumbles.

We all grab our weapons and make our way outside to the dangerous and deadly world that awaits us.

A.N. Please vote and comment! Zayn will be in here too btw. (And of course Harry, Louis and Liam, and Niall is already in). I love you all and thanks for reading! :) xx

~Nia~ :D