The Hike (General)

Prompt:
"can u do one where Jai, luke and james go hiking because they're bored, but then they get lost and jai gets really scared and starts crying? Xx"

. . . 

It was one of those days, One of those days where Beau and Gina were at work leaving the twins home alone for the day. Jai and Luke spent their morning moping around watching movies and scrolling through the endless amounts of social media they seemed to have but all these things get boring if you spend enough time doing them and thats what happened soon enough. "Jai, I'm bored, like really bored" Luke said pacing the room slowly. "mmhmm" Jai replied from his position on the lounge. He was just sitting there watching his twin pace back and forth exclaiming about how bored he is. "We could always go on a hike" Jai suggested. "We could always invite James aswell, he likes hikes" Luke continued. 

So it was all planned that they would go on a hike to the Hollywood sign up the mountain. The twins awaited James arrival to the brooks house. During this time they got changed from their Pajamas, which happened to be their boxers into their exercise clothes. Luke filled a pack with essentials and they were soon ready to go. "Finally I can get out of this boredom" Luke exclaimed as James arrived. 

. . .

They soon arrived at the bottom of the mountain. They started the walk up. Everything was going just fine. They were documenting the trip as they went, having fun and messing about. They were were having a great time laughing at the fact that beau and skip had to work and miss out on it all. 

They walked for about another half an hour before stopping for a short break taking in the incredible view of L.A they could see through the trees. "Can you believe we're only half-way up to the sign" James said as he pointed to it. You could see it sitting up on the side of the hill. "Well we better get going then shouldn't we" jai said running off along the track ahead. "Lets catch him" Luke challenged. They chased after Jai but Jai kept running. It soon became a race and all three boys were sprinting trying to outrun each other. They were all having a great time pushing each other trying to beat the others. 

They soon got to tired to continue running so they all slowed back down to a gentle walk but something didn't seem right. They shook it off and kept walking along the track, It would eventually end up at the sign right but the sign never seemed to come. "Guys It said the walk should only take an hour and half to get to the sign, we've been walking for a good three hours and we ran for most of it" Luke said. "Yeah we should have been there ages ago" James said. "We can't just keep walking if we're going the wrong way" Jai piped up looking quite concerned. 

They sat for a while deciding whether to keep walking or turn back and head home. "We need to turn back I think because this cant be the right track, we should be there" Luke said. The three boys backtracked expecting to be taken back to the bottom of the mountain to the car but it didn't work out that way. They were soon faced with an intersection where four different tracks meet. "F**k, I didn't even notice it when we were running" James said looking up each track for a clue. 

The boys tried every track but found nothing. They seemed to be going in circles. They were lost and Jai was beginning to get very distressed. They decided to follow another random track once again but were soon stopped when the sound of Jai breaking down in  tears filled their ears. Luke ran back to hi twin who was on the verge of a panic attack. The three boys sat down on the path and tried to calm Jai down. He had tears streaming down his face. "We cant be lose, we cant be, what if we never get back, what if were stuck here" Jai said quickly. "Jai, listen to me, we're going to be just fine, I promise, we'll call Beau, he'll save us" Luke whispered gently to Jai while rubbing his back. Jai was extremely unsettled and the tears didn't seem to be stopping as he clung to Luke for dear life. His breaths were quick and frequent and he was scared. 

They sat for many hours waiting for Beau who was on his way to find them. Jai clung to Luke the whole time crying making a large wet spot on lukes shoulder. 

It was beginning to get dark when they heard footsteps and the familiar voice of Beau. "Is everyone alright, are you ready to head home, I carefully mapped the way". Jai threw himself into his big brothers arms at the sound of his voice. 

They slowly made the way to the bottom of the mountain. They soon saw the car park and Jai had never been so relieved to see a car and his older brother. Jai made a mental note to always remember where he was going because he never wanted to get lost again. 

I'm so sorry its  so bad and a day late, I had my graduation today so that was important xx I promise the next one will be better xx 

erin xx

Remember to keep sending them in