Chapter 12: Goodbye Gold

Age: 16

Spring

I woke up this morning and I began crying. It was the one day I dreaded for years. Gold had graduated and now he's leaving. I don't want him to leave. I want him to stay. As I sat in my bed, sobbing, I felt someone hug me. I looked up to see Nanny.

"It's alright, (Y/N). I know it's a sad day, but it's also a good one. Gold will be able to leave this school, yes, but he will do many things on his own for when you finally graduate," she said.

"I don't want to be alone..." I whispered.

"I know, sweetie."

I calmed down after a few minutes and got ready for the day. We didn't have to wear uniforms today so I wore some skinny jeans and a thin long sleeve (F/C) shirt. When I looked in the mirror, my eyes were puffy from crying. I shook my head and closed my eyes. I can't cry again. I have to stay strong... But I don't want to let him go...

"(Y/N), Gold is here," Nanny called from the other room. I finished getting ready and walked to the door, seeing Gold in a casual yellow T-shirt and jeans. I ran up to him, hugging him.

"Glad to see you too, (N/N)," he chuckled. "Come on, we're gonna hang out together all day."

I smiled and nodded. We walked out of the room and down the hall, hand in hand. I bit my lip to keep me from crying again. I didn't want to ruin today with my crying. It's sad enough as it is. We went to the music room to find Freddy and Bonnie sitting at the piano. They were about to kiss when I had the best idea ever.

"HELLO WORLD AND ALL WHO INHABIT IT!" I yelled, causing Bonnie and Freddy to hit their foreheads together.

"What the hell, (Y/N)?!" Freddy yelled. Gold and I were laughing when Freddy got up and ran up to me. He started tickling me when Gold tackled him and they began wrestling again. Bonnie walked over to me and shook his head.

"I guess we deserved the karma," he said, his forehead red where they hit.

"Mhm! It was definitely worth it," I said. I turned my attention back to Freddy and Gold to find my boyfriend on the floor with his brother sitting on his back.

"Get off me!" Gold yelled.

"No way!" Freddy yelled back.

Bonnie decided to break up this fight by tackling Freddy off Gold. It ended up being a laughing fest since we couldn't stop laughing at all. We sat in the music room, singing, playing instruments, and just enjoying the time we have left. I was losing them all. How was I going to survive without them?

-=~=-

At last, it was time to say goodbye to all the graduates. Parents were outside, ready to greet their children and take them home. I didn't see Gold and Freddy's parents so I assumed they were driving themselves away. We walked out, each of the boys were carrying their suitcases and Gold was holding my hand. All the teachers were out as well to say goodbye. It was a very sad day. I didn't want to let any of them go, especially Gold.

We walked to a car where they put their suitcases in the back. I gave each one of them a hug and I didn't let go of Gold for a while. This may be the last time I get to see him for a while. I heard him sigh.

"I'll visit as often as I can," he said, as if reading my mind.

"I don't want you to go," I whispered.

"I know. But if I go now, then when you graduate, we'll be all set. I'll already have a house, hopefully a job. We'll live normal lives together."

I burst into tears, not wanting him to leave. He lifted my head so I was looking at him and he wiped my tears away. I could see tears welling up in his eyes

"Hey, maybe we can set up a video chat thing. You have a laptop in your room from last year's Christmas party so maybe we can set up Skype accounts. Then we can talk any time," he said. I nodded. We hugged for a few more minutes when it was time for everyone to finally leave. People got into their cars and left quickly.

"Don't leave..." I whispered.

"I'll always be with you. Just hug Junior, and I'll hug you back," he said with a small smile. I looked up at Gold and he kissed me gently. I didn't want it to end, but he pulled away.

"I love you, (Y/N). I'll be back this weekend, alright?" He said.

"Alright. I love you, Gavin," I said with a smile. His eyes shimmered with pride, having me say his real name after so long. He kissed my forehead, then went to the driver's seat of the car. Freddy was in the passenger seat and Bonnie was in the back. They all waved before driving off and leaving me at the school. I felt tears falling down my face again as I watched their car disappear. I went back inside the building and back to my room. I didn't feel like doing anything else. I just wanted to lie in bed today.

I flopped onto my bed and remembered something. I found Junior and held him tightly. Just two more years... And then we'll be together...

I smiled at the thought, eventually falling asleep, cuddling Junior... If only he was real...