6

Uwah! I'm very sorry lewl. I forgot about this story (somehow). DX Long story, short, I somehow remembered and logged in. Then- notification explosion!- o v o

Thank you allz very much~
| LoliMonster |
=====
"L?" You stuttered. You can't believe this. Was this happening? Was this for real? Could this be a dream? Please never wake up if it is.

"Damn, you got here earlier than me, [Y/N]" you hear someone walk over to your side. It took you a moment to realize it was Light.

"Who is this?" Light asked after a moment of silence. You and L were still staring into each other so you guessed he was wondering who the young man in front of you was. But wait. You can't just say "oh yeah this is the L whose trying to catch us and he's my childhood friend but he's calling himself Ryuzaki-" blah blah blah. Unless you go along with L's lie, but he didn't even introduce himself to you! Unless...

"[Y/N]?" Light's hand grips your shoulder and you're forced back into your body.

"W-what?" You try a smile, turning to look at Light. He frowns at you.

"Whose this?" He points at L.

"Hm? Me?" L points at himself, blinking innocently.

"Uhh..." You swallow hard. Your heart and mind raced in panic to think of what to say. "I dunno-"

"I'm Ryuzaki" L cuts you off, reaching out a hand as he stared at Light intently, "Nice to meet you."

"Uh, yeah" Light forced a smile, tugging the corners of his lips up, "I'm Light." He shook Ryuzaki's hand reluctantly before pulling away. He turns to you.

"You guys know each other?" He clears his throat, the fake smile still plastered on his face. And the thing is... no one can tell when Light is fake smiling...

"Uh, no..." You look away and scold yourself for doing that. You were being way to obvious and you would  give the both of you away. You could feel yourself getting sweaty and hot as you bit your bottom lip.

"Eh? We don't?" L looks like he was going to say more so without thinking, you slam your palm against his lips. His eyes widen in surprise and you're frozen there, not knowing what to do. In a matter of seconds, your palm was beginning to sweat. Laughing nervously, you quickly pulled your hand away.

Light cocked an eyebrow, "[Y/N], what are you-"

"Ahaha!" You laughed loudly, cutting Light off, "Y-you had something on your uhh lips!" You slapped yourself- mentally, of course. You felt like such an idiot. The spotlight was directed at you and you weren't doing quite a good job.

L touched his lips thoughtfully, as if wondering what it could've been. "Huh. What was it?"

"I-i don't know..." You chew on the insides of your cheek. You tried not to look at L's lips and the memory of your hand on top of it, but it was so hard. You've been thinking of L for over years, so this was a normal reaction, right? To be able to hide the emotions inside was amazing enough. After all, you missed him...

"Your name is [Y/N], right?" L moves his face to your vision and you jump in surprise. He realizes and commented, "Don't fall asleep, now."

You almost rolled your eyes at him. L can irritate you effortlessly but the same goes for laughing. It felt as if your old self was coming back and he was to blame. 'Cause he created that in you without even trying. Without even knowing.

"Yes, I'm [Y/N]" You force a smile. You couldn't let your mask crack in front of Light.

"You have the same name as her" He says softly and you let your guard down, feeling touched until he wondered, "Does everyone who go by the name [Y/N] act so reckless?"

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean, L- Ryuzaki?" You stammered, clenching both fists at your side. You were annoyed by his usual behavior, but you were also panicked that he might've heard it. He hasn't really changed much.

"Oh, don't be offended. It's a complement."

"How is being 'reckless' a complement?"

"Hmm..." He rolls both eyes up, as if he was thinking. Then looks back at you, "Actually, I'm not sure."

You smile. It's okay, right? "What? What do you mean?" You laugh lightly.

Forgetting Light's existence for a second, you dare to glance up at L to see a small smile that makes your heart skip a beat. Stupid heart...

"Everyone! Take your seats, take your seats!" A loud voice breaks the noise, slamming the door after it. The bell rings as everyone scattered to their seats. The chatting falling down to whispers and then to nothing.

You sit in your seat, letting out a breath of relief. Thank goodness the teacher came... I nearly got lost talking to L.

"Hey, that's my seat" Light hisses next to you. You see L sitting in the seat Light always sat on, and Light, bending to whisper the message into L's ear.

And there goes my relief... You chew on your bottom lip nervously. This was not good. Light looked impatiently patient right now...

"Oh? Is it? I don't see your name" L blinks rapidly- almost too sarcastically innocent. Perfect to provoke someone with that expressionless face. Light's jaws clenches as his smile hardens.

Not good... You gulp as the room gave effect to L's reply with "ooh's".

"Hey! What's with all this noise?" The teacher bellowed, silencing the room to silent giggles. He makes his way over to you guys, and you interlace your fingers, praying and hoping everything will be alright. That you'll make it through the day okay.

"What's going on here?" The teacher glances at the 3 of you, not taking any notice that L was a new student.

"Oh it's nothing big" Light pins up his fake smile, "It's just that our new student, for some reason-" Light highlights loudly, "-is fighting over my seat."

The room gave effect to Light's remark and you knew. You must've sinned too much in your past life. I think I need God.

As if on cue, the shinigami snickers, "Things are getting interesting in here, huh? What do you call this? A love triangle?"

"Over a desk?" You whisper back with a lifted brow, almost letting out a stifled laugh until it replied. (Hey, it could be a girl for all you know.)

"Next to you" It smirked, giggling evilly as it drifts away.

You sigh loudly, your forehead smacking against your desk. I might need God... Not a shinigami.