Davekat humanstuck: Wishes

A blondes eyes stare at a clocks hands wishing them to move faster as his mythology professor drowned on about the price of a wish. The professor calls on the blonde "Strider, tell me what is the price of a wish?" The blondes eyes switch their focus form the clock to the professor underneath his shades. The Strider smirks as he replies "Why would I need a wish when all I want is right here?" Then proceeds to smirk at the group of girls on the other spider of the room causing the room to suddenly fill with the sound of swooning. The professor places his hand on his face and draws a breath before excusing the class for the day.

Damn I'm gonna be late... I approach my locker to grab my bag, but before I could unlock it I hear a familiar shout "H3Y D4V3Y" you cringe at the nickname and turn around to see your ex, Terezi Pyrope. "What is it TZ" you say leaning against your locker you glare at her sightless eyes, she sheepishly rubs the back of her neck, as if suddenly unsure of her action for two seconds before regaining her confidence. "Look 1'm sorry for wh4t 1 d1d" she looks you in the eyes (which she located by sound obviously)

"Really?" You say coldly as you roll your eyes under your shades "What's your reason for cheating on my with a stoner then?" Please hurry up and leave already I need to go, he'll be waiting... Terezi flinches "Pl34s3!" She pleads "1'm sorry for ch34t1ng on you w1th Gam!" She starts to cry but and one could see the tears running down her cheeks were forced "1 sw34r 1've ch4ng3d! D4v3, D4v3y PL34S3 T4k3 M3 B4CK!!" She begs, Okay then time for two truths and a lie...

"Look Terezi I'm glad you want me back" lie "I know you want to change" lie, she doesn't care "But I have someone else now and they're waiting for me, so goodbye and have a nice life!" Truth, Her jaw drops as I wave her goodbye walking down the hallway towards the main entrance, I look back once to see Gamzee the juggalo she chose over me step out of the shadows and place a hand on her shoulder then I see her lean her head back to let him kiss her, I knew it.

Seeing that didn't make me sad or miss her, after all like I said I have someone else now, they know everything about me from my slight fear of puppets to my dislike of the fact my brown eyes sometimes appear red. I smile at the thought of him, yes him I never thought I would fall for a guy  but now I couldn't care less he makes me happy and I try to return the favour.

My thoughts were cut short as I looked down at my watch, 4:30. Okay so somehow my little encounter with Trezei took an entire hour The hell! I am so late he's gonna be so pissed I think as I get in my car as quick as possible and leave the school grounds Please forgive me Karkles

It took about an hour to make the 30 minute trip to the hospital making you 2 hours late. I run to the front desk in hospital foyer "Hello~There~Dave~Are~You~Here~To~See~Your~Boyfriend?" Says Dr. Mangearia before I reach the front desk, I stop in my tracks and face her "Yeah I am why?" "I've~Already~Signed~You~In" she says giving me a sympathetic look Why is she looking at me like that? "You~May~Want~To~Hurry" Dr. Mangearia states which confuses me even more, but before I could ask her why she said that she walked away.

Entering the lift I bump into my old friend Sollux "Sup" Sollux stares at me for second before responding "2up Dave how iis KK?" "Well I'm going to visit him now" he nods "ii2 he iimproviing?" You frown remembering your earlier encounter "He's ok" I change the subject and pull a straight face "Why are you here?" He sighs and responds "ED got iinto a fiight with Kan" "Oh..." The rest of the elevator ride was silent.

Ding!

The elevator stops and I hastily step out, saying a quick goodbye to Sollux before heading to Karkats hospital room. As I approached I saw a man dressed in a white doctors coat seemingly guarding the door, he greets me with "I'm sorry but Mr. Vantas can't have guests at the moment" "Please I need to see him" I hear a voice yelling 'Strider!' Behind me "Look I'm sorry but you can't" that's when the voice shouts "I NEED TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND WHERE IS HE! STRIDER! DAVE!" "Look Mr. Vantas I need you to calm down your screaming will make the situation worse!" I know that voice that's Kitkat's doctor "Would you please leave now?" The doctor says, I hear a loud scream as a beeping noise fills the air "I DONT CARE I NEED TO SEE HIM" pushing past the human barricade I rush into the room just as it falls silent.

I watch in horror as the Doctors and the Nurses try to revive him with an electric shock, when he didn't respond the Doctor turned around and announced "Mr. Vantas has lost his battle with blood cancer" Why. I let out a scream, tears running down my face as I run to my boyfriends side WHy. I place my hand in his my head resting on his chest trying to find a heartbeat, only to hear nothing but my own breathing WHY. Cry into his chest and softly kiss his still warm lips for the last time WHY?! My sobs get louder filling the room with the sound of my grieving "WHY?!!?!?!" I cry out loud.

Why him? Why now? Why?? Why?!?? My mind runs over every memory we ever shared Why did I talk to Trezei??? Why did the traffic have to be slow today??? Why didn't the doctor let me see him??? Why didn't anybody tell me he was getting worse??? Why couldn't I be there for him when he needed me most?!? I look at my boyfriends face which was stuck in a look of fear, I run my fingers through his dark brown hair He was calling for me in his final moments why couldn't I be there? I wail and cry.

At the back of the room a doctor and a nurse exchange a few words "Poor child losing the one he loves most, he had no family you know since his brother died?" Whispers Nurse Calliope "Which is why we're going to leave him alone" growls Dr. Caliborn before leaving the room with his sister leaving our main character alone.

I've lost everyone, first Bro dies then Dirk travels with Jake to the other side of the globe and now I lost my first true love to blood cancer continue to cry and wail at the loss of my Kitkat no doubt disturbing the patients in the rooms next to us but I couldn't care less.

In his grieving David Elizabeth Strider made a wish, a wish that he repeated over and over again I wish I could be with him again I don't care how and I don't care about any pain I'd have to go through please I just want to be with him again! If only he had listened to the professors lesson......

In the shadows a second blonde watches clad in red and donning shades much like the ones on the face of his original self, who unknowingly just became the reason for the second blondes participation in a deadly game. Sighing blond #2 mutters "You idiot..." Before silently disappearing in a tornado of gears and clocks.

-----------
So how did I do?
Suggested by thadeagoh