Chapter 21

(Alex's POV)

Alex turned to see Layla standing behind her. Layla suddenly spun around and started sprinting back towards camp.

"Oh no you don't!" Alex said getting up following her friend at full speed. Alex was surprised of how well Layla knew the forest, she took short turns and often jumped over logs trying to lose Alex. But, being a daughter of Athena, Alex knew Layla's every move.

Alex noticed they had just pasted be rock shaped like Zeus's fist, only a but more to go and they were back in the clearing of camp. Alex started running faster, she was getting closer to Layla but every time Layla passed another tree, it seemed to go on forever.

Finally, Layla tripped over a tree root and fell face first into the ground. Alex took her chance and tackled her cousin until she was holding Layla's hand to the ground so the poor black haired girl couldn't move.

"Get off!" Layla pleaded, Alex ignored her. Alex stared Layla directly in the eyes, ignoring that one stupid price of hair that just didn't want to cooperate and fell in front of her eyes.

"Don't you dare tell anyone, who hear me?!"

"You're not my boss."

"You're right... I'm not... But, I do know where you keep your stuffed-"

"SHUT UP I WON'T SAY ANYTHING!" Layla yelled so Alex wouldn't continue her sentence. Alex smiled in victory and leaned back, letting go of Layla's wrists but sitting her on her stomach instead.

"Y'know it's a pretty day out here in the forest, I might just sit here until dinner and-" Alex said as she finally tried to catch her breath.

"Get offa me I can't breath!" Layla said, her face was turning a blue-ish red.

"Oh gods I'm sorry!" Alex said when she noticed Layla's face. As soon as Alex got off of Layla's stomach, Layla took in a deep breath as if she had just come out of lake and had almost drowned.
The two of them stayed there catching their breath until the dinner horn went off. Alex gave Layla one last death glare and they separated to their own tables.

                                ~~~

(Percy's POV)

The day after Percy and Sam had to rescue Annabeth and Alex from a spider, Layla, Junior, Annabeth and himself went to New York. Percy wanted Layla to meet Sally and Paul plus Annabeth and Alex refused to stay another day in the "spider infested cabin".

"You ready?" Percy asked his sister as they walked up to the door of his mothers apartment.
Layla looked up at him with scared and sad eyes.
"Ready as I'll ever be, I guess." Layla said shyly. She then nodded and Percy opened the door.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home! I've brought someone who really wants to meet you too!" Percy yelled as he entered the apartment.

"Alright Percy we're coming!" Paul called from the living room. Percy felt Layla cling onto his side. She had her arms around him and her head just under his arm.

"Hey uh... Y'know what, wait once second." Percy said back. "Hey... It's okay, what's wrong?" He asked Layla in a whisper.

"I-I don't know. I don't know what to say to them or what they'll say to me I just don't know Percy!" Layla said in a whisper cry. She clung onto him and buried her face in his side.

"Awe sweetheart what's wrong?" Sally asked as she walked into the hallway. Percy gave her the, "Careful mom she's scared" look. Sally tilted her head and smiled.
"It's alright sweetie, are you alright?" Sally asked again, now she was in front of Percy, crouching by Layla. Layla shook her head, not leaving Percy's side.