Chapter 3

(Helena's POV)

"Tsk. Tsk. My cousin had really gone nutters." Julian's singsong voice pulled me out of my reverie.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"I'm bored." He said.

"I'm in no mood to play with you." I started to walk away but he caught my arm.

"So you're being very brave just because my cousin told you about his hidden feelings."

"I don't care about anything." I said and pulled my hand out of his tight grip.

"Tch. Stay away from my cousin, you're not worth of all his attention. A lowlife like you isn't fit to be a part of our family. Besides, you are my personal clown. I am the only one you should give your attention to. You're not worth it. I will make sure he will never approach you again. Bad things will happen if he ever does. His dad won't like it, and I won't permit that of course." I heard him. I frowned but pretended not to notice.

He walked towards his awaiting car on the gate and I just stood there, my fists balling tightly like I need to punch someone. How could you be so cruel? I found myself asking him on my mind.

I started to walk home and I sighed when I finally reached home without anyone trying to bother me. I opened the door to our small house and found my mother sitting on the sofa while staring at the ceiling. Her wedding picture on her hands.

I stared the twenty years old picture. It is already faded and it's edges are already starting to be worn out. In it, a brown haired skinny guy with plastic eyeglasses was hugging a girl who has long raven black hair and twinkling blue eyes .

They look so happy and in love. What happened dad? Why did you leave us without even saying a proper goodbye? I shook my head at the thought.

"Mom?" I called her but she wouldn't even budge.

"I miss him, sweetie. He told me on our wedding day that  he'll never leave me." Her voice cracked.

"You'll get over him. Guys like that are not worthy of your tears." I said and she just nodded but she hugged the picture tighter.

I left her and just went to my room. I feel tired. Today had been really a hell day. I changed from my daily uniform into a white tank top and boy shorts. I took off my eyeglasses and lay on my bed and closed my eyes.

I faintly heard the door bell but I am so tired and ignored it. Moments later, sleep called me and I gladly succumbed.

I woke up after maybe thirty minutes, the sky outside my bedroom window is already dark. My head is still spinning but I feel starved so I decided to go down and eat dinner.

My eyes widened and my jaw literally dropped when I saw who is with my mother.

"What are you doing here?!" I shouted.

"Visiting you. What else?" Julian grinned at me.

"And why are you visiting me?" I clenched my fist. Whatever he is planning, I don't like it.

"Is it bad for me to visit my girlfriend? Why? Haven't you told your mother about our relationship?" He smirked.

"Girlfriend?! A relationship?!" She suddenly stood up.

"Yes ma'am. Your daughter is my girlfriend for almost a month now. I've been courting her for 2 years and she just said yes when we saw each other last month on Eric's.

Ugh. He's really a damn good liar. But then, we really saw each other last month on Eric's. But only by accident of course.

Eric's is a well known coffee shop near the Jacksonville park. I went to the hospital to bring my mum her dinner and passed the park because it is on the way to the hospital.