Chapter 32: Did you just call me princess?

"So, are you going to tell me?"

"Yes. Can't you just wait a bit more princess?" He asked through gritted teeth. Princess? It sounded like a cute pet name, but the way he said it made it sound condescending.

"Princess?"

"Because you're making demands and rushing me." He muttered under his breath, in tone that was barely audible. What he didn't realise was I heard.

"I'm leaving."

"What? Why!?"

"Because of that comment."

"You heard!?"

"Of course! I'm right next to you, you know."

"Ah. Sorry. I didn't mean to, it just kind of came out."

"Uh huh." Yes, I was mad. Uninterested I folded my arms.

"No really!! I guess I'm just kind of annoyed."

"Oh you're annoyed!? Funny."

"Yes I am!" He replied, replicating my annoyed tone. "Can't you just stop talking about Caspar for one second, and just spend some time with me!"

"Joe, Caspar's my boyfriend, in case you forgot. It's normal for me to talk about him."

"How could I forget!? It's been occupying my mind ever since I saw you that day in Starbucks! It made me realise how badly I screwed up. I know it sounds fake and not genuine coming from me, but I do care about you, more than I have for any girl, and more than you will ever know."

I couldn't reply. All my emotions were caught up in my throat. I didn't think Joe was capable of caring like this. The Joe I knew didn't care about just one person, especially with such sincerity. If I told him I really felt now, I would be betraying Caspar. He knew my feeling for Joe, but it didn't give me the right to go back to Joe the moment he said sorry. I had no choice but to be cold.

"Joe, please don't. Don't say such things. I know you. This is just a game. You're just upset because my whole heart isn't occupied by you. You're only interested in winning, not me.

I was telling myself, listing the reasons why I shouldn't have feeling for Joe.

He laughed bitterly.

"I was expecting that kind of reaction. I don't think you'll forgive me instantly, or turn around and tell me you love me. Just stay with me a bit longer."

He took a hold of my wrist, then moved his hand down to my hand. His fingers intertwined into mine and squeezed lightly. Again I was speechless. Joe always did this. He played with my heart, it would either be shattered, or pounding unconditionally. He just had this effect on me.

"Joe this is wrong. I can't do this to Caspar."

"I'll tell you about Caspar and Zoe, for real this time."

~~~

SURPRISE A CHAPTER!!! 

I found some time, especially after all the nice comments on the last chapter!

Thank you so much ❤

Don't worry next chapter the truth about Zoe and Caspar will come out! 

XxNicole_DesuxX