Chapter Nine - Paris

The plane ride had been as expected, incredible. The entire time, I sat in my chair, watching the clouds outside drift past, feeling the constant to reach out.
For a few minutes, towns whisked past below, and then it became harder the see. Landscapes of mostly green and blue became the main focus, equally as beautiful, fields of natural life.

After hours of eagerly sitting forward, looking out of the window or chatting with Duke about our plans, I felt a wash of hype begin when the plane began to descend. My eyes were sore from the amount of times I had forgotten to blink, my back aching from the uncomfortable position I'd remained in. I was keen to exit into new adventure.

"Where are we landing?" I asked waiting for the roads and town to appear

"A small private landing strip just outside of town"

I turned my head back to the window and watched as the plane became lower and lower, eventually edging close to the visible tar landing.
There was but one building on the area and another two small planes.
I watched and felt my hand grip the seat as we fell, the tyres of the plane lightly brushing against the ground.

Soon, the plane came to a complete stop and I felt myself sigh.
We had arrived. Here I was, in Paris.
I smiled to myself as Duke got up
"I'll meet you outside" He told me before walking back towards the pilots area again

"Lets go" Riley jumped as he pulled up from his seat, followed by Jaymi who linked her arm with mine, pulling me up from my seat to exit the plane.
I felt my legs wobble and my vision blur, so I naturally took more of a hold on Jaymi.
She had noticed my unsteady condition when I could hear her asking me what was wrong, the sound ringing. Immediately, I felt my body rely on jaymi a lot more than normal to remain upwards.

"Dizzy" I waved, barely audible, slurred. I tried to regain myself when we were greeted with outside cool air, sucking it in when my lungs breathing constricted.

"My luggage" I stumbled again, distracting myself from the tightening of my chest

"It'll be taken to where we are staying, don't worry about it" She gently smiled as she moved me forward

"What's wrong with her?" Riley quizzed, unsure

"She's dizzy because she's been sitting down for so long" Jaymi replied, calm and unbothered "She hasn't eaten properly either"

"Humans" Riley muttered as I rolled my eyes, noticing my breathing and vision slowly return

"You alright?" Jaymi asked, turning her attention back to me

"Where are we staying?" I asked, forcing my body to forget it's poorly state

"One of Darius' complexes" She answered

"Complex?" I asked, creasing my eyebrows as Duke reappeared from the plane

"Yeah, one of those cute little risers with vines and flowers hanging from the windowsills" She continued with description

Jaymi led me towards a waiting car where I hopped in beside her and Riley. I closed my eyes as I settled my head against the leather seat.

"Your excitment seems to have worn off" Riley snickered as he looked me up and down

"I don't feel very well all of a sudden" I mumbled. I felt my stomach twist, forming knots that would pull and push on my intestines. My head was aching and I felt the need to throw up the lonely water and crackers in my stomach.

I tilted my head to squint out the window, darkness shrouding over the horizon.
It was nightfall and a small part of me sighed in relief. The night gave me an excuse to crash out for a few hours, or more, when we arrived at the complex.