o n e

(A/n I'm sorry, but imagine him sending that to you^^)

Ethan's POV

The usual chatter of the cafeteria welcomed me as I stepped into the spacious room. I picked up a blue tray and cued up for food.

I snapped my head in the direction of the heart of the cafeteria. Most of the noise was coming from there, as usual. There was a big crowd surrounding two people, as usual.

My brother sat with them, as usual.

I turned back to face the lunch ladies who snatched my tray from me and scooped a ball of a mushy, brown substance onto it.

I sighed deeply, wondering what it would taste like today. I wasn't sure they even knew what it was.

"Hey, move over, freak." Someone shoved me along the line, making me bump into several other people.

"Hey! Watch it!"

"Back up, geek!" a few people yelled at me, and I gave a dirty look to whoever had pushed me. I collected my tray again and headed towards the very corner of the room, where I normally sat, alone.

I picked up some utensils and took out my phone, putting on my headphones. I cranked up the volume to block out all the voices, and began eating.

The food wasn't too bad, it was just how it looked. The loud music blasting through the headphones, and everyone who passed my table either laughed at me or tried to through some trash at me.

I ignored them, as I normally do, and finished quickly. My table was right next to the bins, so I scraped all of the remains into them.

Before I left, I glanced over to the middle of the cafeteria. Through all the people surrounding her, I caught a glimpse of Alexa. Her auburn hair gently swayed as she talked, her face bright and her blue eyes shining. Her boyfriend Hunter slung his arm around her and kissed her forehead, winking at her.

They were everyone's 'one true pair', because they were both rich and snobby. Everyone knew how much of a bitch Alexa was. She didn't even talk to people who weren't on her 'level'.

So I guess that ruled me out.

We had gone to the same school since kindergarten, and not even then did she notice me. And I still don't get why my brother was her friend and not me.

I quit staring before anyone noticed, and headed to the studio.

I went there to spend my break and lunch because I loved making tracks. I recorded a few people too, like Becca Tailor, one of the best singers of the school. I sung a bit myself, but I never actually showed my tracks to anyone.

"Hey Ethan!" a voice spoke to me as I entered to cosy area. I dropped my bag onto the floor and smiled at Becca. She was the only person who didn't treat me like shit.

"Hey," I responded, sitting on my black chair. I ran my hand through my hair as I got my track for Becca ready.

"I'm really excited to see what you made," she grinned at me, sitting in the seat next to mine.

"I hope you like it, I spent most of the night on it." I pushed the CD into the player and it started.

"Woah," she laughed in disbelief, after it had finished, "That was amazing! Thank you!"