Eight: blue scales

Nix (phoenix) pov

The plunge Is longer than I expected, but once I hit the water my heart stops and my breath holds before im fully submerged under the small waves, but the water isn't cold like I expected, its warm, just right.
I feel tingles trail up my legs and look down, strongly the water doesn't hurt my eyes at all, but what I see makes me gasp, as I notice a thin line dark blue wrapping around my legs, when it disappears a tail is replacing them. What.the.hell.
I hear someone dive into the water and before I can control myself I am cutting through the water and hiding amongst some long seaweed. Then I hear gasps and whispering, I turn around and see 3 beautiful girls, around 16-17 and as I take them in I notice they have different colored tails, not like mine but similar, I gasp as they swim closer to me 'mermaids? Their flipping mermaids?' I think but the girls start laughing again, as if finding my thoughts funny 'your highness, you have been on land to long, you've forgotten we can hear each other's thoughts and you have forgotten how to block them' one of the girls grin, she has fire like hair and bright yellow eyes, her tail is a golden orange color, "my name is coral, this is Blair and marissa" the mermaid, coral, points to the girl with white hair and redish yellow eyes, her tail is a crimson red while the other girl, marissa, has sand blond hair pale blue eyes and a pale pink tail. All un naturally beautiful.
"Oh um...hi...im-" Blair cuts me off "oh we know exactly who you are" she says and they all start to whisper "wait a second" marrisa stops them "something's missing" she says, the others look at her questioningly "her capall uise!" She yells and I'm surprised she didn't make me deaf "Neptune? How do you know about him?" I ask, they all laugh "you use to take him everywhere! You would be with him when you went out in the mornings, we use to work in the castle but once you left the king got rid of many of the staff" coral says "king? What are you talking about" I ask and they shake their heads "king Poseidon" she's about to say more but something comes between us. Its like netting...wait.. IM IN A FISHING NET!

The three girls try to help me but they arnt strong enough as I continue to be pulled away, my eyes wide with fright, what's happening?!

I'm pulled onto the same ship I had jumped off and the crew is all staring, gathers around like a flock of pelicans. When they take in my tail their eyes become wide with shock, but the captain looks as if he's found treasure.

Buy the time I'm on the deck floor the sun has dried me and the tail is now gone and my legs are in its place.

"Captain are you sure its safe to have her on the ship? Mermaids are very dangerous" on of the crew members ask, I smirk and speak up, but my voice sounds different, more...melodic "he's right captain, I can be very dangerous, are you sure you want me around all of these... delicious men?" I ask and everyone turns to me and I shrug "what? Don't look at me like that, you guys refuse to feed me, and here I am, a mermaid, both the beauty and the danger of the ocean" I smirk and they all step back, but the captain holds a stoned expression. "Take her to her cell. We dock at sunrise and we don't need anyone seeing her" he says before storming off, the men look hesitant before four men grab me, I growl at them but let them guide me to my 'cage'

They push me into the cell and quickly lock the door, this one isn't bared, its wooden with a little slit in the door for food and to see but thats it. I roll my eyes before taking a seat in the corner, grabbing the not- so- soft- pillow off the uncomfortable looking bed. At least they arnt that cruel as to let their prisoners sleep on the ground.

I start to sing that I remember hearing, i think my mother use to sing it to me

I hear your voice on the wind
And I hear you call out my name

"Listen, my child," you say to me
"I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call, and I'll set you free"

I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice, I will remain

I am the voice in the fields when the summer's gone
The dance of the leaves when the autumn winds blow
Ne'er do I sleep thoughout all the cold winter long
I am the force that in springtime will grow

I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace
Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal

I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice

I am the voice of the past that will always be
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice
I am the voice
I am the voice

As I finish I hear yelling from above, are we anchering somewhere tonight? Maybe they need to get more stock. Either way nows my chance to escape...or at least get help.