« eleven »

A/N:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU LOVELIES! HAVE A JOLLY ONE AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! <3

My other present to you all : a synopsis for my new story,
Sweet and Sated
https://www.wattpad.com/196453581-sweet-and-sated-c-s-pro•lo•gue

Do check it out and tell me what you think!

x

_____________________________

The sky was dark and we were in the middle of a highway. I was fast asleep after we finished eating and I must've been out for quite sometime.

"We're not there yet?" I rubbed my sleepy eyes and pushed myself up.

"In an hour or less — I didn't know you were up." He glanced at me quickly and smiled.

He didn't tell me where he was taking me, and I was sure he wasn't planning to—not yet at least. Asking him about the matter was equivalent to asking a wall of brick what is it's purpose of being there. I would only be greeted with silence with a difference that this human would smirk at me while the brick would be immobile.

The silence in the car was slowly replaced by a faint ticking sound. It didn't sound like that of a grenade or a bomb — but that of a grandfather's clock. Similar to my pocket watch yet a hundred times more audible.

"What is that noise?" I looked around the car and at the backseat.

The sound was gradually becoming louder and louder until my ears were ringing from the loudness of it all.

"Oh my god! Make it stop Luke!" I covered both of my ears with my hands and pressed hard.

"Wha –what noise are you talking about?" He glanced at me with alarm and concern, "Norah are you alright? There's no sound—nothing."

"My eardrums going to explode soon if this goddamn noise doesn't–"

Silence. There was no other sound other than the static sound of the radio. I was so wrapped in my own thoughts and fears that I didn't notice the car has stopped in front of a motel.

"Never mind what I've just said," I gulped audibly and continued talking with my shaky voice, "my mind's playing tricks on me or something."

"We're all tired, right? Let's crash here for the night." Luke reached out, unclasped the seatbelt confining me and held my face on his palms. Goosebumps ran down my body, from the back of my neck —down my spine and to the tips of my toes. His touch was lethal in a way that it was slowly pulling at my sanity, acting as a drug I was beginning to be entirely addicted to.

Our lips moulded perfectly against each other. Before I knew it my one of my hands were circling his neck and the other one playing with his soft hair. He brought us closer and deepened our kiss. It dawned to me that I've only known this guy for less than a month and here I was, head over heels for someone I barely knew.

We broke apart, breathing heavily and gaze into each other's eyes like we were searching for something deep beneath.

____________