Is that all you've got?

'' Come on bro, is that really all you got?~ ''

Hands on his knees, Bokuto looked up from his crouching position at his triumphiantly smirking friend, the sweat having disfigured his normally spiky hair so he had to glance from under it. Now, it wasn't anything new that he liked playing volleyball and loved the sport whenever he played against people who equally loved the sport, maybe even more than him. Speaking so, it was no obvious why he and Kuroo were such good friends. Hell, they breathed volleyball. But today, god it had been extremely tiring having to play non-stop.

He had met Kuroo in his first year at their schools annual summer training camp. Bokuto had mnaged to play in first string as a wing spiker, not yet an ace but still, having to be able to play in official matches was more than enough when he was only a mere first year. Understandably, he was left in shock when their rival, Nekoma had a first year just as himself as a main member. Not only that but he was also a player having kept his eyes up and on blocking. He remembered how he got blocked by none other other than Kuroo, seeing eye to eye with him at that moment in mid-air. It was fun, play against each other because they both could always feel the rush, the excitement!

Bokuto later on joined Kuroo and Kenma's circle along with Akaashi. After many after school hangouts and sneakouts, when in their second year Kenma decided to fill in Bokuto with some information regarding his ever so mischevious bro. Kuroo had problems at home, particularly with his parents and their arguments turned into fights. At first he couldn't make himself believe the words Kenma told but as the four continued to hang out more, Bokuto started to see the actual proof of it. Under his teasing smiles, he started to see a slight tightness to them and there were also the dark circles under his eyes the days Kuroo, as told by Kenma, wasn't able to get his usual naps at school. A very clear proof of sleep deprivement. He felt sorry for his bro and no way in hell was he going to have him get through it by himself,no sir.

He kept Kuroo busy. After changing numbers between each other, he made sure to call him every evening, talking as much as possible about anything and everything new so that Kuroo could tune out the background voices of whatever that's going on at his home. On the weekends, he made sure to set up one-on-one practices. He liked to think those matches were one of the reasons for both of their improvement.

It was the last day of their last annual summer training camp as high school students, the day to return back to their homes and here they were at around... '1 am? ' Bokuto thought. The two had been going at it for hours now, spiking and blocking and bumping and serving but Kuroo even when covered in sweat, stood grinning, looking down at him with cat like eyes. Challenging him, that bastard. Bokuto smirked down at the ground before looking up one more time after smacking his knees and standing up.

'' Like hell it is, am not going down until you pass out bro.''

''Heh, bring it on.''