Lucky Chance.

CHAPTER 1:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

"IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!" Daliah happily screams as she bounces onto my bed.

Daliah is my little sister and today is her sixteenth birhtday.  She has been hanging out for this day ever since she turned fifteen.  I think if she could have skipped fifteen altogether, she would have.  I'm Sandie, Daliah's nineteen year old big sister.  Daliah and I are very close.  We do alot together and tell each other everything.  We pretty much like all the same things as each other and you could easily say that my sister and I are almost identical in everyway.  One thing we are really big on is, One Direction.  So, I guess you could say we are identical to pretty much every teen girl in the world as well, because I mean, who doesn't love One Direction.

"Argh, Daliah.  What time is it?" I groan as I roll over to face her.

"It's 5:30," she states.

"IN THE MORNING?!" I grasp.

"Yes," she says with a giggle.

"Oh Daliah, go away.  I don't need to be up for at least another 5 hours." 

I roll back over and pull my blanket over my head.  I close my eyes and try to fell back to sleep.  After about half and hour or so, I can still feel Daliah sitting on the end of my bed.

"Daliah, go away.  Can't you see I'm trying to sleep here."

"OH, but Sandie, it's my birthday.  Please.  Let's go out for breakfast, and then we can do some shopping, then after we can go to the beach and then you can give me my birthday present," she states as she lays herself out beside me on the bed.

"Sandie?" she tries to pull the blanket from my face, but I don't let her, so she just continues talking, "Not unless you want to give it to me now.  Do you have it?  You did get me a present, right?  Can I have it now?  Sandie?  Sandie?  Come on, get up."

I pull the blanket from my face, and just glare at her.

"What?" she questions innocently.

I peel myself from my bed with a groan and walk over to my nightstand.  I look up into the mirror and in the reflection I see Daliah sitting up and watching me curiously.  I open up my top drawer, and start to move some things around until I find what I am looking for.  It's a shiny red box with Daliah's name calligraphed on the top.  As I look into the mirror once again, Daliah is smiling.

"Is that for me?" she asks.

"Well, it has your name on it." I reply as I sit down beside her on my bed, "Happy birthday little sister."

Daliah snatches the box from my hands and studies it carefully.  She shakes it a few times and seems annoyed that she can't figure out what is inside.

"Why don't you just open it?" I suggest.

She places the box down on the bed and removes the lid carefully.  The box is full of confetti and glitter and an assortment of little treats.

"Um, thanks." she says with a half smile.

"Do you like it?" I ask.

"Um, yeah sure.  It's cool." she whispers.  

She's lying, I can tell.

"There is more to it though.  Your present is underneath all this crap." I laugh pointing to the confetti and what not.

She looks at me, questioning whether I am being serious or not.  I give her a small nod.  She places the box in her lap this time and begins to pull out its contents.  That's when she finds it.  An envelope.  An envelope taped to the bottom of the box.  She peels the tape off ever so gently and removes the envelope.

"What is it?  A birthday card or something?" she says sarcastically.

"Just open it Daliah." I say with a sigh.

She turns the envelope over and peels back the tongue, the contents of the envelope fall out onto her lap.  It's two slips of paper.  Daliah picks them up and I can't help but giggle when I see her eyes widen with excitement.

"YOU GOT ME TICKETS TO ONE DIRECTION!!!  OH MY GOSH.  THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!" she squeals excitedly as she starts dancing around the room, "I can't wait until I tell Asher that I have tickets to One Direction."

Asher is Daliah's best friend and surprise, surprise.. she is insanely inlove with One Direction as well.

"You might want to tell her when no one else is around, because she is definitely going to cry." I say with a snicker.

"She's probably going to cry at the concert as well." Daliah adds.

"What? What do you mean? Does Asher have tickets now? I thought you said she didn't get any and that's why you can't wait to tell her you have some, so you can rub it in her face, right?." I say confused.

"Yes, but no, I mean as in, I can't wait to tell her that I have two tickets, so now we can go together." she squeals excitedly again.

"Umm, what? You're going to take Asher.  What?  I thought, we were, you and me, us.. umm.. nevermind." I still sound confused.

"OH, Sandie.  I'm sorry.  It's just that Asher and I promised each other that if either of us got tickets to see One Direction, we would take each other.  You understand, right?" she questions.

"Yeah.  Sure.  Whatever.  I just thought that, that is what we promised each other and since I got them for you and yeah, whatever, nevermind.  Take Asher."  I say a little sorely.

"Thanks Sandie, you're the best big sister ever!  I'll make it up to you, I promise." she plants a kiss on my cheek, and then runs out of my room.  I can hear her ringing someone, Asher I assume, to tell her all about the wonderful news.

Well, happy birthday to you little sister.  Happy birthday to you, you little cow.

I should have just kept the tickets for myself.

What am I going to do now?