Just Like Me

Day 10 of Hetalia Christmas

"So, are we done?" I asked, licking on my candy cane. China had just finished putting up the Christmas lights for the party. "Yeah...yeah, it's done,aru," China sighed, ruffling his hair while sitting down in his chair. I let out a relieved sigh. "Thank God, I'm damn tired." China gave me an irritated glare. " You're tired! I did all the work, Hong Kong,aru!" I let out a slight smirk. "I was going to help.."
China scoffed, "Yeah? Say that to your ass that has been in that same position all day, aru." I rolled my eyes in irritation. "Hey, don't you roll your eyes at me!" I let out an irritated sigh. "I swear, you never give me any respect, aru!" China continued to lecture me as I respectedly listened to him. I snorted at that thought. In reality, I was watching TV as China tried to lecture me. "Hong Kong! Are you even listening to me, aru?!" "Nope." China got in front of the TV. I looked at him in the eyes, glaring. China glared back, just as angry and annoyed. We glared at each other for a few seconds. I backed off and got up from my chair to go to my room. "Um, Where are you going?" China said, while blocking my path. "I'm going to my room," I said, smirking. "Don't talk to me like I'm stupid, aru!" China started to scold me again. It was during his lecture that a strange burn trailed down my back. I could also feel my blood boil and my mouth start to twitch into a snarl. "You're are so annoying!" I bursted out suddenly. "W-what?" China said brokenly. The way he looked made me feel ashamed, but at the same time I felt a bit of sadistic pleasure."I said you're annoying. I'm sick of the fact you are always pestering me. You're always trying to change me from my European ways. I'm tired of you always saying bad things about England and the rest of Europe-"
"Hong Kong! Europe is full of bloodthirsty nations, aru! A-and England is a selfish, emotionless nation that will hurt people just for power." What he was saying, about England and Europe, was fueling my rage. "You don't know anything. Europe was and is my family. Those people taught me eyerything. And England...England is more of a brother than you! He is my mentor, protector, and family." China gasped, mortified at my words. "B-but I'm your brother! We're related!" I scoffed, "We may be related, but we are NOT brothers." China looked absolutely broken said that and my eyes widened. Why did I just say that?
I then put on my calm facade and walked, bumping shoulders with China. "At least, England actually raised me." I continued walking until China raced to be in front of me. "W-wait, Hong Kong-" I sighed, "China, please-" "Hong Kong, aru.." I was tired from my little tantrum and China trying to talk to me wasn't helping. He continued to talk. Something was bubbling through me. It bubbled in the pits of my stomach and quickly boiled up my throat and out of my mouth. "I wish I never came here!" I exploded. It was quiet and China just sadly looked at me. I guess my yelling caused attention because the other Asian countries slowly walked out to watch us. I looked at Japan and Taiwan. Then, I realized that I truly didn't belong here. I'm part European. I grew up with mostly European influences. I didn't even knew them till fifty years ago. I'm only their half-brother. They all come from China while I came from England. I even have a British accent when I speak English. They all stared at me quietly and worried. "I...I want to go back to Europe. I...want to go home. To England..." They all started talking at once, all saying different things but all agreeing to keep me here. "Go ahead. Leave. Go back to Europe...aru..." "What?" Thailand asked, confused while his shaking hands were clutching his stuffed elephant. "Great Teacher..." Vietnam trailed off. China walked to me, emotionlessly. "I'll give you two weeks to get out of my house, aru." He turned around and stiffly left. The rest of them followed. I just watched and let out a shaky breath. What have I done?

-----------------------------------------------------------

"So, that's why you are here?" England said, while sipping his Eggnog. "Yeah.." I said looking out into the English city. England got up and walked up next to me. "Beautiful, isn't it? London is a very crowded place and all the people are always working...at day...it isn't as pretty because....but at night...it's dazzling. It may not be Barcelona or Rome...but I think it's just my style...I'm proud of it...My beautiful London." I let out a slight smile. The first since I got here "That's deep." England laughed. "Yep, for someone who is drunk." I laughed and England laughed weird. I laughed at his weird drunk laugh. We soon started laughing loudly that I thought that all of London could hear us. "So, why aren't you inside, enjoying the Christmas pary?" I didn't say anything. "None of the Asian countries are here. It's strictly European. Thank God...I don't know what I would do if America or Russia was here." I furrowed my eyebrows. "How come I'm allowed in here?"
England looked at me. "Because..you're European. You're one of us. You're....an European!!!! But you're not GAYYY!!" I gave him a confused look. "I don't know...I'm drunk.." England smiled goofily and gave a lazy shrug. I laughed despite my strange feeling. It felt like my heart was heavy. "Do you regret it? Saying those things. Leaving them and coming back to me. I mean, I don't mind, but..." I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say. "I.... I don't regret it. Coming back home. I'm actually really happy. I may not look like it. But I am. I feel like a heavy burden has just been lifted off my shoulders. But...I just wish I didn't leave them like that. I shouldn't have said those things...but I really missed you...but now....I miss them...." England chuckled. "You can never win. Either way, you're gonna feel sad and abandoned. Even if you were the one who abandoned them....it's Mother Nature's way of saying that you're a sick bastard for leaving them, so I am going to keep you in a spiral of guilt until you can either bear through it or apologize.... Only bastards bear through it...." I looked at him. "So, I'm a bastard?" England drank some Eggnog before setting it down. "Yep...just like me." He drank some more of his drink. "Just like all of us."
It was quiet as we both stared out to the sky. After a while we both went back to our seats and sat down. We sat, in silence, watching the colorful fireworks explode from the English city into the night sky.

"Merry Christmas, Hong Kong."

.......

"Merry Christmas, England."