06: Lights Out

As I try to walk in Ashton grabs my arm holding me back. Facing each other he puts his hand on my bare arm..

"Look Lian these boys are rude, insensitive and uncaring but they're my friends okay? I love these boys. I can tell the type of personality you have and I know you are gonna end up saying something to them I just need you to try with them please." What does he mean? My type of personality.

"I don't know what you mean but okay I guess." I shrug my shoulders making Ashton give a bit of a giggle, he removes his hand and walks inside of the shack. I go in after him. Michael,Luke and Calum were sitting on the floor in a bit of a triangle but there was room for us. The three boys were in a deep conversation.

I look around the room, it was very dimly lit the boys had a couple of LED lanterns. It looked just as crappy inside as it did outside. It had blankets all over the floor and bean bags in various corners.

"Lian come sit." Luke pats the ground next to him smiling brightly. I lightly walk around the other two and sit in between Luke and Michael. Ashton takes the seat in front of me. Michael starts his conversation with the boys again.

"All I'm saying is this new Batman is complete shit. Who the hell wants to see Ben Affleck as Batman?" He spats toward Calum

"What are you talking about? The casting grew of that movie were complete geniuses for giving him batman!" I say instantly regretting my geekiness and inability to keep my mouth shut. I see Ashton readjust himself and lean closer.

"You're completely mad what are you talking about Lian?" Michael starts laughing

"When movies are made these days. What is it for Michael? To make profit. To come in big in the box office. When they cast an attractive man as the lead. It's simple logic." When I glance at Calum he is looking at Michael with his mouth agape. I hear a small clapping sound and it grows louder.

"Okay so you are going to marry me alright? I've never seen anyone stand up to Clifford about any type of superhero with common logic before." Luke starts laughing so hard he doubles over.

"Well you've got a point Lian, but they could've cast a more attractive person to play batman in that sense." He rises his eyebrows at me. He had a point in that case but its whatever.

"So you like superheros then, what else do you like?" Michael continued, looking me in my eyes. I look a the three boys in front of me. Trying to assess their personalities based on what little bit I do know about them. Luke was definitely cute, well he was beyond cute he was beautiful. He probably got around though and I'm sure that he was the Luke I heard those plastics talking about earlier.

Michael was definitely care free. And he was very devoted to what he believed in. He was such a nerd and it showed all over his face. Ashton was probably my favorite out of the four for right now. I don't know much factually about the others. Ashton is definitely the sweetheart out of all of them.

Then there was Calum. He definitely hated me. The way he looked at me with a hatred was evident. All of the other boys at least made an attempt. I will become friends with him. I needed him to not hate me. I am not the type of girl to have someone hate me for no reason. That or I'm going to end up hating him myself.

"I don't know; stuff. I'm not important tell me stuff about you guys what instruments do you all play?" I ask looking straight to Calum. He nods when I say I'm not important and knowing that I saw him a small smirk spreads across his full lips.

"Well, I play guitar. And I'm pretty good if I say so myself." Luke states very proudly.

"I also play the guitar and I'm better than this imbicle." Michael punches his friend in the arm causing him to rub the spot where Michaels fist was.

"I play drums, piano,saxophone and guitar." Ashton lights up at the mention of his talents. I smile at him looking at how cute he is, his dimples are the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"Show off." Michael scolds causing Ashton to turn his expression to stone before simply sticking up his middle finger. I look to Calum once more this time he is looking at his hands in his lap.

"What about you?" I question making him look up.

"Don't worry about it." He shrugs. I look at Luke with my own stone expression and shrug my shoulders.

"Eh guess you're not that important then." I stare right into Calums eyes until he looks back down. Feeling the tension that Calum has built up in the room Ashton clears his throat.

"And what do you play?" He asks leaning in on his hands

"It doesn't really matter honestly. Its not like you all care anyway."

"You've got a point, I don't care." Calum spats. Making me cower down a little bit. Michael comes to my defense immediately.

"Calum how about you stop being such a dick? She hasn't done anything wrong to you or any of us for that matter mate." He gives Calum a rather rude look, to my surprise Calum doesn't back down an inch though.

"I don't like her, I've known her for all of two hours and she seems like a whiny little attention hog." He starts mimicking what I assume is my voice. "Look at me. Look at me. I've been homeschooled my whole life. I'm really attractive and I'm going to make sure you know it"

I feel myself blush at his backwards compliment before remembering the other things he said.

" Could one of you walk me back to my cabin? I don't want to be here anymore." I stand up dusting my dress off.

"I will." Calum stands dusting his own pants off.

Wowzers what a rude boy.
Don't forget

Vote

Comment

Recommend to your homies

~b.