Chapter 13

Chris's pov:

After last night, I couldn't get the thought out of my head that Jasmine was mine. Just mine.

This morning, I decided to go by her house to see if anything happened after I left last night.

_________________________________

When I got there, her mom opened the door.

"Oh.. hi Chris?" she said, seeming surprised.

"Oh I was just checking to see if Jas was busy."

"Well actually, she's not here right now. She went out to look for a job... she didn't tell you?"

"No... but it's okay, can you just tell me where?"

"Downtown." My heart drops. That's the most dangerous place. That's where I almost--

"Chris?" her mom interrupts my thoughts.

"I have to go." I say. When she shuts the door, I rush to my car and go downtown as fast as I can. Why would she even think about going there? She can get hurt! As delicate as she is, I don't even want her around other guys! Oh gosh Jasmine, what did you do...

________________________________________________

As I drive, I call Jasmine. After one call it goes straight to voicemail. I call her a second time and she picks up after the fourth ring.

"Chris? Where are you? I'm walking down some street near a thrift shop called "The Rights" or something but I think there is someone-- AHHH CHRIS--- HELP--- OW!" she yells.

"JASMINE!" I knew exactly where she was and I drove as fast as I could to get there.

________________________________________________

When I'm right around the corner of the store Jas was talking about, I see two guys running off. I look to the side to see her laying on the floor with no jacket or shoes and there is blood on her face. I immediately stop to run out and put her onto my back.

Once we get to my place, I call her mom to tell her that she will stay at my place because I know Jasmine wouldn't want anyone to see her like this, so hopefully she doesn't get embarrassed or something when she can see clearly that I'm the one who saved her.

I set her on the couch and she starts groaning which makes me giggle. I hear her start mumbling things.

"Chris.... save me.... come for m--"

"Chris already did save you." I say walking over to her with an ice pack. I started putting the ice pack on her cuts and she hits away the ice pack. "Jas c'mon!"

"It hurts!!" she says, still groaning. "Chris?" she says, opening her eyes.

"Yeah Jas?" I say picking up the ice pack and putting it on her face again.

"Can you please just hold me..." I stop with the ice pack, get off the couch, and go on the floor so I could face her. I realized that she was probably scared about what just happened.

"What happened out there? Why didn't you tell me anything?" I grab her hands.

"I just didn't think it was important to tell you that. I'm sorry. But I didn't think anything would happen. That was until I heard someone following me. I was about to call you but you called right at the moment. When I was telling you, one person grabbed my phone and another started trying to undress me. Then after that I blacked out."

"Why is it after I came? All of this, everything that has happened to you has all been bad and it all started when I came."

"Chris stop."

"No the only reason you are here right now is because I went to your place. What if I didn't do that? Jas you could've been gone, and I don't ever want to come close losing you again. I don't want to risk you because of my existence or whatever."

"But you saved me. You're right. I could've been gone if I didn't have such an amazing boyfriend, huh?" she says making me smile.

We go up to my room and I give her some of my over-sized pajamas to wear.

When she comes out of the bathroom after changing, I couldn't stop staring because no matter what, she's still beautiful.

"What?" she says laughing and covers her face. She goes to sit next to me on the bed but I pull her by the waist making her fall on to my lap. "Chris!" she says laughing even more. Then she looks at me, eye to eye.

"You're amazing, you know?" I say grabbing her face.

"Hm. Does that mean I get an award?" she says leaning in. I lean in smiling and our lips press together. She's different.