Chapter 13

I woke up this morning with a  pounding headache, how much did I drink last night? Sunshine peeks through the window, blinding me a little. I close my eyes and turn the other way. As I was turning I felt something tightened around my waist. I quickly open my eyes in shock. I looked around and noticed I was not on my side of the room.  'Oh No' I mentally screamed as I look to my side to see Mason cuddling in to me.

I was scared to know what happened last night. I hope nothing happened between Mason and I. If anything did, this is going to be bad. Wait, if course something happens. Why else would I be in his bed right now

I noticed my dress that I wore last night was still on so that's a good sign. I probably just crawled into his bed thinking that it was mine.

I sigh and try to release myself from Masons grip. I struggled and tried to wiggle loose, nothing was working. I need to get out of here! I decided the only thing I could do is wake up Mason.

"Mason." I say, poking his arm. He doesn't even move at all. "Mason." I call a little louder this time. Still I got no response. I was growing impatient and annoyed. I start wiggling as fast as I could to shake him. "Maso-"

"I heard you the first time. Just go back to sleep." He grumbles and tightens his grip on my waist.

"Mason, I want to get up and get ready for the day, please let me go!" I beg him. Just then I feel his arms loosen and I think I'm free to go. Before I can get out of his grip, he quickly tightens his arms around my waist again. Was he just teasing me?

"Just one more hour please. I don't want to let you go yet." He whispers. It goes quiet for a second before the room is filled with soft snores. "

Fine." I sigh in defeat. I lay back down and I'm instantly pulled closer to Mason.  I can't help but feel confused. Why does this feel right and wrong at the same time? I didn't think long before I had finally fallen asleep.

"We really need to get cable I here. I'm tired of Netflix." Mason says as he scans though the movies. It took him a while before he just turned off the T.V. The room went quiet and we both just stared at each other.

"D-Do you remember anything from last night?" I ask. Mason tore his eyes from mine and nods. He takes in a sharp breath. Uh oh.

"Somethings, not everything though. I remember looking for you and finding you dancing with Marcus. I remember feeling very jeal-"He stops and his cheeks turn a cute shade of red.

"You remember feeling what?" I question, smirking.

He moves closer to me and cups my face in his hands. My breath hitches. What was he doing? "I remember feeling jealous because you were dancing with Marcus. I also remember doing this." He pulls me closer and crashes his lips on mine. I was shocked for a moment and then I began to kiss him back.

Apart of me is wanting to stop and push him away, but another part of me is screaming to continue. Why do I feel so conflicted. Suddenly the memories form last night come rushing back. The kiss from last night. We made out last night!

Finally Mason pulls away, he rests his forehead on mine.  "I like you." His tone was low and made my voice get stuck in my throat.

My heart started to hurt as I process his words and what we had done. Why does my heart hurt so bad and why do I want to cry all the sudden. Finally, it hit me why I feel like this. Lacy's words repeat in my head. 'Mason isn't good in relationships. He cheated on me.'

I quickly pull myself out of his embrace. I don't know why but I felt like my heart broke into a million pieces. I felt the burning begin in my eyes.

"I can't do this." I whisper. I get up and pace around the room. I just made out with my best friends cheating Ex. I just made out with my roommate.

"Alex? What's wrong?" Mason looks at me worried. He stands up and grabs a hold of my arm. "Did you hear me? Alex? I thought you might feel the sa-

I shake my head, "I can't do this." I repeat and walk out of the apartment. Leaving him confused. I felt bad but I needed time to figure out what I was doing.

I decided I needed to get off of campus, I ended up going to a random park. I watched a basketball game that was going on. I wasn't paying much attention because I was lost in thought.

"May I sit here?" A familiar voice spoke. I don't even look at him. I guess he takes my silence as a yes.

"What happened back there? I t-thought we were getting somewhere." Mason says shyly as he rubs the back of his neck.

He followed me. How did I not notice him?

"Nothing." I keep my head down. I couldn't look at him right now. I felt awful and I'm not exactly sure why.

"Its obviously something. Why can't you just tell me," He seemed eager to know. "You know it kind of hurts when the girl you like runs away right after you tell her you like her." He tries to get me to laugh but I was silent.

I sign," Look I can't be with you." my words kind of sounded a little bit harsh. I think I was saying them more to myself.

"Why?"

"Because, I just got out of a relationship and I know you cheated on your last girlfriend and for that I can't trust you."

"My last girlfriend-" He was about to ask something but I cut him off.

"I know you dated Lacy. For almost 2 years right, until you cheated on her." I shake my head in disappointment.

His eyes widen, he looks shocked. Suddenly his eyes go from shocked to being filled with anger.

"Lacy lied to you. I didn't cheat on her and we only dated for 9 months. She cheated on me."

I look at him shocked. He's accusing my best friend of lying to me? "You really think I'm going to believe you?"

"I'm telling you the truth." He growls and scoots closer to me.

"I don't believe you." My voice was shaky. His face was too close to mine. I was scared of what I might do.

"I'll just have to prove it to you then."