preface

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Juliet Coleman was not afraid of blood.

She was a girl that had a delicate and joyful persona, but she had no issues with gaping or infected wounds.

Juliet Coleman was better known as Nurse Coleman, one of the best military nurses the Allies had to offer.  At the age of twenty-four in the year of 1942, she was sought after by many regiments all across Europe.

She was an urban legend in the eyes of the young men on the frontlines. A beautiful dame beyond their imaginations, a nurse with a steel stomach and magic in her fingertips.

Those who saw her shared exuberant stories. They weren't far from the truth as they described her twinkling brown eyes and her lush brown hair, nor were they lying when discussing the way her full pink lips whispered words of comfort.

Juliet was an anaesthetic of her own accord.

Bucky Barnes was encapsulated by this angel before he even heard the stories. Their chemistry was natural and instant, and suddenly Bucky was faking all kinds of injuries.

But great things have terrible endings when fate decides to interfere.

I don't own any characters beside Juliet Coleman and her family. Any dialogue from Captain America: The First Avenger is not my work. If you own the gifs that will be posted above chapters, please notify me so I can add credit.