Chapter Twenty one

Odell POV

When I said I was gonna kill this nigga this wasn't no game. Just had to be done the right way.

Time for the set up.

'A recent tragedy has affected someone that means the world to me. A senseless act of violence has left the woman that means everything to me, the mother of my son, fighting for her life. It would be amazing if all of you would keep November Jones in your thoughts and prayers. Caring for a loved one who is fighting to survive just to see another day is one of the hardest things you could ever imagine. With this being said I would like to raise awareness and hopefully provide hope and support to families facing situations similar to mine by visiting the ICU tower of Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn, New York on April the tenth with some of the Giants family along with counselors. Come through and show love; without it what we got?'

I posted a picture of Novie and Tre. She was kissing his cheek with that as the caption. It was from two days before the whole... Thing.

If anybody thought I was just about to walk into the IC tower, kill a nigga, and walk out, they were retarded.

That's how you get caught.

This was gon' be done the right way.

My way.

~

Three Days Later

"Ma, can you watch Tre for me. I'on wanna have him up there wit' all them cameras and stuff." I asked my mother through the phone.

"Yeah. I can't wait to spend some quality time with my first grandchild."

"Thanks. Can I bring him now?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks ma."

"No problem."

~

"I love you and I'll be back," I kissed Tre as I handed him to my mom. "Love you too ma." I hugged her.

"Odell...what are you about to do," she asked me.

"Go see Novie and do this charity thing."

"No, what are you about to do?" She asked like she knew what I was gonna do.

"I'm going to see November." Before she could respond I turned and left out of the house.

~

Once I left the house I headed to the hospital. I'd never purposely invited media attention ever besides football even though there was always attention surrounding me anyway.

So I figured why not use it to my advantage?

If I just walked into the ICU tower as myself, famous football player, with no one I know being in there it would look suspect as hell.

I needed a reason for me to be in that tower. Attract all the attention while attracting none of the attention.

~

I pulled up to the hospital and there were people everywhere.

I met up with Eli and Josh in the parking lot. I also called Dr. Shaw and he said he would come and bring some other therapists and counselors with him, so they were here too.

"Thanks for coming. It means alot to me."

"Anything we can do to help we're here," Josh smiled.

When we got to the front of the hospital there were people everywhere.

Everyone went inside and it was just me and the media in front of the hospital.