Heart Vacancy

I do not own any of the characters, places, magic or any of the Harry Potterness. I would love to own them, especially Draco ;) However, the belong to the wonderful JK Rowling who I love loads for creating the HP series and the magic. The song doesn't belong to me either, that belongs to The Wanted. The pictures don't belong to me either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heart Vacancy - The Wanted

Woah.

I hear your heart, cry for love.

But you won’t let me make it right.

You were hurt, but I decided,

That you were worth the fight

Draco peeked out of his Head Boy Room and looked out into the Common Room that he shared with the Head Girl - Hermione Granger. To say he was shocked at becoming Head Boy was an understatement. McGonagall must've been off her rocker to crown him that. However, he still had brilliant grades which came second to Hermione. McGonagall had warned him that his behaviour must improve drastically, so not wanting to cross the line, Draco Malfoy had a complete change of character.  

He had awoken to loud THUMP that had come from the Common Room. Scared it was a burglar who'd steal his designer clothes - or worse, Peeves who'd throw dungbombs at his designer clothes, Draco decided to investigate.

Looking out, he saw Hermione Granger crashed out on the floor. He climbed down the stairs and squatted down next to Hermione. Her face was pale with silver tear tracks staining her cheeks. She had fainted. That's when Draco noticed the empty bottle of Firewhisky in her right hand and the pool of blood her head was lying in.

He pitied the girl that was collapsed on the floor. Her heart was broken. A heart so young and pure was ripped and stomped on. Draco could read it in her eyes when she was awake. The reason why she was like this - he did not know. He only had a suspicion that it was because of one Ronald Weasley, but it was only a suspicion. He couldn't act on something that may not be true. She was hurt and seeing her in this pitiful state, his own heart craved to help her.

Every night, you lock up.

You won’t let me come inside.

But the look, in your eyes.

Says that I could turn the tide.

Draco picked Hermione up gently and she hung limp like a rag doll in his arms. Carefully he placed her on the sofa and took his shirt of to use as a bandage for her poorly head. He then sat on the arm of the sofa and stroked Hermione's tangled curls as he waited for her to gain consciousness and replayed the memories in his head.

 He remembered the first night of her miseries clearly. She had come running to the common room, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. She had run straight to her room and locked it. Then, there were load bangs from inside. Draco tried to intervene, to get her attention. He called for her but she just ignored him. Not even Alohomora would work on her door so he was unable to do anything.

Later on, in the middle of the night, he awoke to see a numb Hermione sitting in the common room in front of the fire drinking a steaming mug of hot chocolate. He was tired but he could stay up. The next day was a weekend anyway. So, he crept down to the common room and sat on the sofa next to her. They both sat in silence for a while and stared into the ember flames licking at the wood.