Passenger Seat - Stephen Speaks

"You sure about this Ronnie?" I asked him as I switch from foot to foot.

"Riley says it will give us enough time to get out of Ohio and on the road." He says as he loads the bed of his truck with our luggage. Suit cases of clothes and bags with pillows and blankets. He grabbed the pictures and stashed the food in the truck. We were leaving the furniture for Riley when he gets a storage truck and hauls it up to Rhode Island when he visits.

"It's just make up right?" I'm nervous. Ronnie just said that I had to pretend to be dead. Just enough for a pictures.

"Just a whole bunch of make up and some DNA. That's it." He slams the door shut and looks at me. "Come here." He pulls me to his chest and I place my head in the crook of his arm. "Everything will be okay." I weakly nod my head before we pulled away and got in the car then headed to the funeral home.

"I'm gonna miss this place." I said as we arrived at the building.

"Let's go say goodbye." Ronnie takes my hand a leads me inside to Riley's office. He knocks once and heads in with me behind him. I run straight to Riley and pulled him in a hug. Curse his tallness. Ronnie was only a head taller than me but with Riley I only came up to his elbow.

"Glad your safe." He squeezes the life out of me.

"Now what am I suppose to be doing?" I step back and put my hand on my hip and stare the two down.

"We need you to play dead." Riley smiles sheepishly.

"I get that but why do you need DNA."

"We need it too look like you hung yourself. Suicide." Riley tosses the word out there. Ronnie gave me a panicked look but I kept my cool. For now.

"Where is it?" I look around.

"Well I can't go touching it or it will make me look like a suspect." Riley rolls his eyes. "It's in the morgue. Right now I need to get you covered in make up. Good thing I brought sister."

"You have a sister?" I gape at him. I never knew.

"Yep. Trisha!" He yells and an early thirties looking woman comes through the door. "This is Trisha and she is a make up artist."

"Hi Jess."

"Hi." I turn towards Riley. "Does she know?"

"Kinda. She won't tell a soul."

"I promise. I just want to help you dead. Your eye still looks pretty messed up." Trisha takes my hand. "We'll be downstairs. Need anything just come and ask."

She asks me a lot of questions on the way down and it kind of made me happy that someone was interested in me. She wanted to know my likes and dislikes. How old I was and where I was from. I just kept that one vague and replied with 'here'.