Reunion... of sorts

Brian did not release Jason, but instead cuffed his behind the hands.

"Walk." Brian commanded as he led the lead off. The rest of the troop followed, not daring to run after a glance at the large vicious wolf on their right, the agile dragon on their left, and the creepy spider bringing up the rear.

The hunters were herded into the main part of the cave, and each one was pushed against a column and their hands chained behind it.

The cave was soon filled with loud, accusing shouts, mostly at Brian. After they got over the initial shock and the fear, every hunter was cursing Brian aloud. Brian walked heavily, they were his friends, he was, in fact, once one of them after all. Sighing, he walked towards one of the furthest pillar. This one resided in the darkest corner and had a man chained to it by both his wrists behind the pillar, and an extra chain running from his ankle onto a clip on the wall, in case he somehow managed to get free of the cuffs.

Jason saw Brian coming and was immediately on his feet. "Traitor!" Jason roared. He struggled against his bonds in a mad, animal-like way. "Traitor!" Jason repeated, straining at the end of his chains. "You dog-like coward!"

Brian stiffened. Walking slowly forwards towards Jason, he raised his fist. Immediately Jason shut up.

"You think I'm a coward, do you?" Brian asked in a low voice laced with venom. "I was captured too, okay? I endured worse than you are enduring. My friends weren't with me, there was no chance of escape, and for once in life I just wanted to give up!" Brian shook his head sadly and lowered his fist, speaking in a softer tone, "I didn't want this to happen, I just wanted you to leave the Mystics alone." Brian turned and went in search of a certain pillar, leaving a very shocked, and still angry, Jason behind him.

Cohen sat chained to a column and Brian couldn't look at his friend. Brian looked at the wolf, "Take him to the back." Wolf cocked its head but complied, unbinding Cohen and practically dragging him into the deeper part of the cave. Brian took another sweeping look around the cave, ignoring the many glares he was met with and trying to ignore the pain in the hunters' eyes, before following the wolf towards into 'the back'

Here there were few columns, and even less light. It was a place of damp loneliness if one were alone. However, with the Mystics, it was Brian's favourite spot. A hot springs bubbled at the base of the beautiful cavern and reflected the little light that somehow found its way through the tunnels and the maze of spider web that decorated the every nook and corner. The water constantly dripping from the roof also reflected the light with a bluish tint, giving the whole scene a mysterious, mystical appearance.

When the wolf had finished securing Cohen's bonds, it left, leaving Brian and Cohen alone in the mystical place.

"Cohen." Brian's voice was soft and gentle. Cohen glanced up and winced slightly as a trickle of blood slid down his face from a gash in his head. He acknowledged Brian's presence in doing so but said nothing.

Brian sat down so that Cohen wouldn't need to rise, and placed a hand gently on Cohen's shoulder. "Cohen," Brian repeated, "are you okay?"

"Why'd you do it?" Cohen voice cracked slightly, like he might cry, but he holds back the tears, "why did you betray us?"

Brian's heart broke and the words stuck in his throat. What was he supposed to tell Cohen? That he liked his new friends more? Brian sighed and examined the gash on Cohen's head so he wouldn't have to meet his friend's eyes.

A gentle touch on the wound made Cohen flinch, and the wound was dirty. Wordlessly, Brian walked to the spring just a few meters away and soaked a clean cloth in the water. Upon returning, Brian rubbed the wound gently, carefully cleaning away all the dirt that presented itself, and even more to make sure he got it all.

Brian grabbed another cloth and when he looked up, he met Cohen's eyes. They were full of pain and betrayal and Brian forced himself to look away. Avoiding Cohen's eyes, Brian carefully bound the wound on his friend's head so that no more dirt could get inside it.

"Any more wounds?" Brian asked quietly, trying to avoid his friend's question. Cohen shook his head slightly.

Brian started leaving when Cohen's voice stopped him. "You didn't answer my question." Brian turned to see his friend looking strait at him.

"I..." Brian started to reply when a yelp rang out. "Got to go!" Brian called as he ran out into the main part of the cave.

Wolf was pinning down a human. By the camo cloak and the knife protruding out of Wolf's leg, Brian assumed the human was a hunter.

"I'll kill you!" Wolf roared before biting deep into the human's shoulder. A scream of pain echoed through the cave and Wolf's jaws dripped with blood.

"Wolf!" Brian called, running over, "Wolf stop!" But when the wolf looked at him, his eyes weren't normal. They weren't the keen, sometimes aggressive-looking, yellow eyes. No, they were filled with something; Bloodlust.

"Wolf." Brian stopped and walked slowly towards the beast, "listen to me."

"He stabbed my leg!" The wolf roared before turning to finish off its prey. It was then that Brian saw the human's face. Abe.