First Day

"Stefan, get your lazy ass down here we're gonna be late!!" I yelled.

Stefan jumps down from the roof and walks over to me, finally.

"We're not gonna be late Bels." Stefan said smiling at me.

"We still need to get our schedules and you know I've been waiting for this day since we came back."

Stefan threw his arm around my shoulder while we walked toward his car.

"I know you have, we both want the same thing here Bels and that's to start over. And what better way to start over by going to school." Stefan said.

He took his arm off my shoulder and when to the drivers side while I slid into the passenger seat. He started the car and we headed off. I turned to look at him.

"Starting over is my reason for coming back, I thought you wanted to know the girl you saved at the bridge a few months back. I still can't believe she looks like Katherine."

Stefan looks over at me before his eyes focused back on the road.

"Bels, you know she's not Katherine. We've been watching over her and we know now that she's not her. I know you miss her, but Katherine is dead and she's not coming back."

We drove in complete silence after that. Katherine, she was my best friend and my sire. Yes, she did manipulate both my brothers and yes she's the reason we became vampires, but she was like a sister to me. She made me a better person, she taught me how to be strong, how to not care about what others think about me. Now, she's gone.

The sound of the engine stopping brought me out of my thoughts. Stefan and I got out of the car.

"Well little sister, welcome to hell."

I laughed a little before we made our way inside the school. We headed over to the office. People were staring at us - girls mostly at Stefan and guys mostly at me. It must be a while since they've seen anyone "new". We found the office and we met the secretary.

"Hi, may I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm Stefan Salvatore and this is my sister Bela Salvatore. We're here to pick up our schedules."

"Yes, let me check the system real quick."

She began to type on the computer. I was waiting with Stefan and turned my head a little when I hear some girls whisper behind us.

"Hold up, who are they?" One girl asked.

"All I see is a back." said the other girl.

"Ya, and one has a hot back, but who's the other one."

I stopped listening and focused back on the women in front of us.

"Both your records are missing. You're both missing immunization records and we do insist on transcripts."

I took off my glasses and compelled her, "Please check again, I'm sure everything you need is right there."

She apologized and gave us our schedules and locker numbers. Stefan and I were outside after we thanked her.

"Hey, I'm gonna head to the restroom real quick mind waiting here." Stefan asked.

"Sure, we both have history together might as well head there together."

He smiled and headed for the bathroom only for the door to almost hit him. You think it would be a guy coming out, but no it was the Katherine look-alike.

"Uh, pardon me...isn't this the men's room?" Stefan asked.

She looked startled at first. Not wanting to hear the conversation I started to look the other way. A girl with straight brown hair and a blue shirt was looking at me and turned her head away when I saw her. First day of school might as well make a new friend. I walked up to her.

"Excuse me, I'm new here and I was wondering if you know where Mr. Tanners classroom is at?"

The girl looked at me again before saying "Ya, I'm heading that way with my friend right now.  We can take your there. I'm Bonnie by the way."

"Thank you, I'm Bela. Do you mind if we wait for my brother? He's in the restroom."

"Sure, I'm still waiting for my friend...wait here she is. Elena!"

Bonnie waved the look-alike over. So her name's Elena. By the blushed look on her face might still be embarrassed with the whole bathroom incident.

"Bela this is Elena. Elena - Bela."

Elena smiled at me and shook my hand. I smiled back.

"Hi"

"Hi"

"Bela's new here.  She has Tanner with us and I said she can come."

"That's okay and welcome to Mystic Falls."  Elena said.

"Now, we just have to wait for my brother."

"You're brother goes here too?" Elena asked.

"Ya, actually here he come right now."

Elena looked over her shoulder, if her smile got any bigger she might as well be the Joker, but then she looked embarrassed.

"Actually I have to head to class. It was nice meeting you Bela." Elena said and began to drag Bonnie with her.

Bonnie gave me a apologetic smile and waved. Stefan came next to me.

"Not even first period and you already made friends. You're getting better at this." He teased.

I lightly punched his arm and laughed.

"Shut up, at least now you get to know the name of your new obsession."

He looked at me confused. I rolled my eyes.

"Brown hair, brown eyes, looks like Katherine, ran into you outside the bathroom..."

He finally realized who I was talking about.

"What's her name?"

"Elena."

》》》》

During Tanners class Stefan and Elena couldn't stop glancing at each other. It was cute. The only thing I worry about is if they ever dated. Stefan, being the oh so good vampire that he is, only drinks animal blood. I've just met Elena today and I already like her. I don't want Stefan to loose control one day and ends up eating her and/or her finding out we're vampires.

》》》》

School day was over, I headed home while Stefan decided to go to the cemetery.

I began to write in my journal:

I think it's happening all over again. Stefan had that look in his eyes when he saw Elena. Elena. She looks exactly like Katherine. If Damon ever showed up I fear history might repeat itself. But I haven't seen Damon in years and I hope it stays that way.