Amnesia - Sebatian x Reader part 6

You had not meant what you did. Something had come over you, something you could not explain. It was horrible – you had kissed Claude in an attempt to wind your way out of a sticky situation, and now he was in your chair, knocked out, or...something. You thought – you hoped – he was not dead. Everyone would be very angry... except for Sebastian, who seemed to dislike Claude on a very large scale for some reason.

You knew where Claude's room was (he had been very insistent on you not entering it), so you picked him up and stepped out into the hall. You sniffed the air, making sure nobody was near. You proceeded a few steps down the hall, and sniffed the air again. You kept on doing this until you reached the appropriate room. You laid him down on the floor. Because there was not bed, obviously. Though demons could enjoy recreational sleep, Claude chose not to.

You padded back to your room. There, you flopped down onto the bed and let out a sigh that would last for centuries. You had helped Alois by helping Hannah recover Luca's soul. Now what? You had a bad feeling. You should probably go back to Ciel and Sebastian. But... even though you were a demon, your mind turned to jelly at the thought of facing those two. You had hurt them: that much was obvious.

You decided to consult Hannah. Not to advise with your personal problems – that was for you to deal with. However, you did want to be able to exercise full control over your power; dragons were more powerful than you had expected.

You walked over to Hannah's room.

"Hannah... Are you there?"

She opened the door and looked at you expectantly.

"Hannah... Explain how many powers I have."

"Well, miss (y/n), a dragon has four to six powers: the first three are common throughout all dragon demons: the ability to recover souls, the ability to conceal themselves, and the ability to turn into dragons or have one part of a dragon, for example, some would only make the wings appear in order to fly in a human form.

'The other power or powers vary. The lower-class dragon demons have the power to fight with amazing ability: they are the ones restricted to four powers. The middle-class dragon demons not only have the same power to fight, but also the power to subdue a demon, as in they are able to make a demon sleep, the amount of time the demon will sleep depends on the dragon's needs: they are the ones who have five powers. The high-class dragons have the same two powers, but also the power to-to change time. They are the ones with six powers."

"Change time?" you asked.

"Yes. To rephrase it, they have the power to propel objects, others, or themselves back or forward in time."

That caught your attention. You had to have that last power! All became clear. You had given Hannah the message, and now you had to give her your power, or powers. You raised you eyebrows and asked:

"How do they propel? I mean, propel things or people back in time?"

"Usually by hitting with extreme force, actually."

That was too familiar.

"Hannah... is it possible to bestow others with a power?"

She looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, is it possible to give you the power to disguise yourself? Or even, to give you all of my powers, including the power to propel, if that's what it's called?"

She blinked.

"Oh... I don't know... Well, possibly, however..."

"What?"

"You would have to die."

A chill went up your spine. You would have to die in order for Hannah to do what she did, or would do. You would have to die to let her send your younger – future – self back. Oh my.

"Is there another way?" you asked desperately.

"The only other option would for you to be my slave for all eternity."

'Like Ciel and Sebastian...' you thought.

"And either way," Hannah declared. "I would never make you my slave."

She took your hands in hers. "You are my first friend I have had for a long time, perhaps ever. I could never condemn you to serve me until the ends of time."

"Hannah..."

Her lips touched yours.

You both pulled back. "Ah!"

"I am so sorry (y/n)! I don't know what came over me!"

"It's all right, Hannah! Just... don't let this get in between our friendship. It would ruin us both," you said. Especially since you had to die...

"You must go back to the Phantomhive manor."

Hannah had surprised you. 

"Excuse me?"

"If you do not go back to Sebastian, my instincts might get the better of me and... I might mark you as my own," she cringed.

"Hannah... I am very proud of my wits and talent for seduction... but I don't think I can face Sebastian. It's-it's the first time I haven't the courage to face anybody."

You looked down.

Hannah took your chin in her hand and made your face tip up towards hers, making you look her straight in the eye.

"Did I not warn you what might happen?"

You felt tears well up for the first time in five years.

"Your fear only proves your love for him, (y/n)."

Tears were pouring down your cheeks, and you started to make strange hiccupping noises. "Hannah..."

"You must go. I am sorry you did not have a proper introduction to the triplets, but maybe you are better off without knowing them. Emotional connections would make it harder to leave."

"But emotional connections are the reason I am going to sacrifice my life."

Hannah frowned. "I do not need your powers."

"But you do!" your head snapped up. "You do! If you don't take them, I will have never met Sebastian! And you would never have Luca's soul! Please! Take them!"

She sighed. "I will make you a deal."

You nodded. "Of course. Anything."

"Face Sebastian, tell him you love him. If you do that, I will accept your powers."

"But... Sebastian will be hurt even more if I admit my love and I die."

"On the contrary. If you die without confessing to him, he will live in an eternal mystery and purgatory, not knowing if you loved him back, never being able to see you again."

You inhaled. "Alright. I'll go."