Okay?...

The drive to the airport was almost unbearable. The entire 2 hours my father went on and on about how much I'd love living with him in California... but I knew that no matter how much he tried to make this all a positive thing for me, I would hate every second of living Oxnard, California.

From the sound of it Oxnard was a tiny little thing of a city compared to where I grew up in Florida. Orlando, Florida to be exact.

My mind was racing at the thought of how I would get used to living in such a small city when my body lurched forward and woke me from my thoughts.

"Sorry!" my father yelled out the window of his car, while turning into a small compact parking space. "Okay, well get your things and hurry up. We are already behind schedule." My father turned off the engine, and hoped out of the car, slamming the door behind him.

"oh..." I sighed and got out of the car and grabbed both my suitcases and dragged them behind me while my father walked a large distance ahead of me. I mean, he wouldn't want to be seen with a freak wearing a collar and cat ears now would he?

After about 2 hours of going through all the big security dudes, and up tight baggage check ladies we finally got to the gate to our flight.

My father was "hungry" so he went off to find food, and I sat by myself looking around casually just to see how many people were staring enough to the point where my father made an excuse of being "hungry" just so he didn't have to be seen with me anymore.

Sure enough, I counted at the least 21 pairs of eyes staring straight at me. I mean, obviously they had nothing better to do then stare at a damn teenager with cat ears on.

I put in my ear buds and tried to zone out. All those eyes on me were making my anxiety spike. I had my eyes closed for who knows how long, when I got a weird feeling that someone was watching me. Not staring.... but watching. I opened my eyes slowly and looked up to see a man standing a few feet away, leaning forward off his chair and just... watching me.

I turned behind me to see if anything else was there. Maybe he wasn't looking at me, maybe there was some other weirdo with cat ears I hadn't seen when I walked in. But no... I looked back at him and he was still watching me, with such fascination that it made m stomach turn.

Right when I was about to tell him off for being a creep he stood up and started walking towards me and I froze when he can to a stop a foot in front of me.

"Such a pretty little pet, it's such a shame you aren't mine." the man said. Standing closer he didn't look much older then I was, I'd say he was about 19. He smiled and leaned in. "Your such a good little pet. You know to keep quiet when a superior is talking."

I stared at him like he was insane. Pet? Superior? What in the hell was this guy talking about?!

"Well, I should be getting to my flight. Good-bye Princess." the man bowed his head slightly and walked off.

What in the hell just happened... I stared off at nothing for a short while before being hit in the shoulder, woken from my daze and being yelled at for not answering my phone.

"Sorry..." I went back to think about the man... he called me pet...

My father rolled his eyes and picked up my bag and carried it to the planes gate doors while I tried to keep up pace behind him.

"Hurry up or we're going to miss our flight!" my father hissed. I stared at floor and followed him by only watching his foot steps.

"Okay..." I replied robotically... he called me a pet.... a pet?...

"...okay" I whispered to myself as my blurry mind suddenly became clear.