- La La La {The Floating Song}

Chapter four~

"Home Sweet Home," Colson says getting off the bus. "Where are we again?" I ask, pulling my suitcase off the bus.

Nobody answers me.

I couldn't pull it off the steps so Colson takes it from me. "Thanks," I say reaching back for it. He pushes my hand away, "I've got it."

We walk down the sidewalk and come to a big, white, house. Colson unlatches the small gate and we all trail behind him down the pathway to the front door. When he unlocks its all the guys crowd past him.

"It feels so good to be back!" Slim yells plopping down on the couch.

I awkwardly stand there in the doorway. "Well," Colson says walking back to get his bags. "Aren't you gonna look around?" He asks as he stand up and slings a bag over his shoulder.

"Um," he grabs my hand and pulls me thought the living room and into a kitchen, "This is the kitchen." He points out dismissively.

The we walk down a hall, "There's a bathroom," he points to his left, "That's Slims room," he points to the right. "And that's Dubs room," he says pointing to the left again.

We go up some stairs where half the floor balconies over the living room, "These two rooms," Colson says pointing at two doors, "are Rooks and Dre's." then he takes me up another set of stairs.

This is a full floor, he leads me down the hall, "That's another bathroom," he says pointing to the right, "That's my room," he points to the door at the end of the hall. I nod my head. "That will be yours."

He goes in his room and throws his bags on his bed. I walk down the hallway and look at his pictures and posters. Most of his poster were of Nirvana, Misfits, and Blink 182. Some of the pictures were of him and the guys, and the others were of him and this small girl with curly brown hair.

"Interested in my pictures?" I hear from behind me. I glance behind me at Colson, then go back to looking at the pictures of him and the little girl.

"Who is she?"

"My daughter," he answers rather quickly. "My beautiful baby girl," He says in a soft voice.

I smile and look at him, "What's her name?"

He smiled, "I thought you were a fan? Aren't you already supposed to know everything about me?" He jokes.

"I am a fan," I answer honestly, "but I wasn't obsessed with you. I just knew your music and your voice."

He smiles and takes my hand, leading me into the living room on this floor. He tells me to sit down on the couch so I do. He brings over a photo album.

He opens it, "This is Casie." He points to a picture of him holding the curly haired girl as she gives him a kiss on the cheek. His smile in the picture reaches from ear to ear.

He turns the page and its filled with pictures. "This was the day she was born."

Then he points to a picture on the next page and tells me that was her first birthday. Then he shows me other pictures.

"That's was Casie, on her birthday this year."

He points to a picture where some girl is holding Casie. "That's her mom, Tasha." He says before I can ask.

"I didn't get to see her for her birthday," he says in a quiet voice. I close the book in his hands. He looks at me as I take it from him, I give him a small smile. "You can tell me more about her another time."

He hops up from the couch, all traces of the sadness gone. "Wanna go check the kitchen for something to eat?"

I nod my head, "Sure," I stop him, "so when are we gonna start working on a song?"